Western bluetongue brumation

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kankryb

Reaction score
Here winter is coming fast and my western bluetongues are going to be put in their first brumation dec-feb, how cold or low should I go with them or other advise about western bluetongues

What's your location (so I can get an idea of your local climate) and are you keeping them indoors or outdoors, and if indoors, what temperature is the room likely to go down to?

I'm in copenhagen, Denmark so indoor keeping. My room can get down to 12 degrees at floor level, used for my alpine blotched or top 19 degrees, my northen and eastens, this is offcause with no heat on, days bit warmer

Sounds fine. Stick them in the middle somewhere. They're arid/semi arid species from areas which get very cold in winter. 19 is possibly cold enough, 12 won't be a problem overnight but is cooler than you need. A bit of daytime heating is good but don't be scared to cool them overnight during brumation.

Thank you very much, they will go somewhere in the middel same as my rugosa rugosa, they all have a daytime heatspot during brumation but only on a few hours in the morning

Sounds good. These critters do well in the same conditions as rugosas, they are often sympatric.

Latest posts

Back