Western Brigalow Belt QLD

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

-Matt-

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Over the weekend myself and a few friends went on a herping trip out to the Brigalow area of QLD to see what reptiles we could find and to try and tick off a few new species. The weekend was a pretty big success with a handful of new reptiles seen and photographed for me!
Here's a few pics of some of the stuff that we saw...

De vis' Banded Snake Denisonia devisi

Pale Headed Snake Hoplocephalus bitorquatus

Eastern Brown Snake Pseudonaja textilis

Blurry pic

Excitable Delma Delma tincta

Tree Skink Egernia striolata

Mulga Snake Pseudechis australis

Strap-Snouted Brown Snake Pseudonaja aspidorhyncha

A different P. aspidorhyncha

Sand Monitor Varanus gouldii

A nice red P. textilis

A herping highlight!
Brigalow Woma python Aspidites ramsayi

Last edited:
oh wow, they are amazing photos man! look at that cobra hood flare on the strap snout!! how close did you have the camera to the animals is it to scale or were you zoomed?

Wow, awesome pics. Ive spent 5 days out there late last year, and only saw a spotted black snake, blueys, and a few shinglebacks...and dead sand goannas, common and western browns. Where abouts in the brigalow did you go?.

I love how much variety you get with browns, awesome snakes!

Fantastic images I'd want at least a 500mm tele to take some of those pics...

Thanks for posting ;)

Top photos Matt..love the pictures of the Browns,Mulga and Woma.Some stunning shots especially the Mulga...Well done..

I've only heard of five of those animals, I love the Strap-Snouted's threat display!

oh wow, very nice, considering making the move out to goondiwindi shortly, would be great to find these herps locally

oh wow, they are amazing photos man! look at that cobra hood flare on the strap snout!! how close did you have the camera to the animals is it to scale or were you zoomed?

As close as I could possibly get so I could get full frame shots. This picture of Dan (DanTheMan) may give you an idea ;)

Wow, awesome pics. Ive spent 5 days out there late last year, and only saw a spotted black snake, blueys, and a few shinglebacks...and dead sand goannas, common and western browns. Where abouts in the brigalow did you go?.

These pics were all taken between Dalby and Bollon.

Last edited:
Dan that is DISGUSTING!!!!!! How could you possibly drink XXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back