Western brown (gwardar) found in Perth bush

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm real sorry Lizardman, whatever snake/s you have found are awesome, i have all the time in the world for young herpers and i love herping. I love small elapids so if it/they are gouldii i love them and i also love the dangerous elapids so if it is a mengdeni then i also think that is great, especially if it is almost outside their range. I know i'm sounding like an old prick who just can't let it go now but this is driving me nuts! :lol:

I have to describe what i can see in that vid. I know you were there and i wasn't, but this is what i can see. When your mate starts poking them with his stick i can see a smaller darker coloured snake with a clean belly escaping to the left of the tile into the grass on the ground. Then there is the larger brighter snake that escapes under the tile.

The habitat, location, colouration, behaviour and (to my eyes) the apparent two snakes under the one peice of debris says to me that they are most likely P. gouldii. That combined with you agreeing that it/they were the same as the snake you put an ID up of previously makes me almost positve that at very least there is one gouldii there.

I'm sorry, none of that is meant to offend. I just can't handle it when people can't see what i can see. Especially on the internet! LOL

You're doing a good job, keep it up.

At 29 seconds you can see your mate separate them, then the smaller darker one disappears to the left. C'mon man you found two snakes, that is twice as awesome as one!

Watch from 31 to the end the snakes tail whips around andthen becomes straight

Look to the left of the screen at 31 you can see a tail slightly inverted heading into the undergrowth as well as the larger orange one.

Last edited:
Thanks mate no worries I wasn't taking it as a offense but yeh it also wasn't as small as it looks in the video it was about a meter and a bit long which isnt that small to me I'm just he'll happy I saw my first Elapid in the wild I'm getting a nikon in a week or so and I'll go back up there with my own camera and a tripod and see if I can find some more awesome herps also last time I went there I saw some big *** scorpions too so yeh look out for another herping thread in a couple weeks also going to new Zealand for a holiday and I'might go to Auckland zoo so yeh I'll have some pics of that soonThanks

haha Sorry Gordo I have to say I agree with it being only one snake it's an optical illusion and rather than the tail dissapearing it ***** over as the snake starts to go under the tile giving the impression that it's dissapeared, when in fact it actually moves from left to right.

**** = f l i p s

C'MON!!!! Watch at 28secs he clear as day separates them!!! It's a little hard to see because there is a blurred peice of grass that kind of masks it, but then at 31 secs you can see the inverted tail curled up on the left of screen as it disappears going into the under growth.

Watch it frame by frame (i think it has like 4 frames a sec) from about 28 secs and you will see! THERE ARE TWO!!!

:lol: I'm tearing my hair out here!!!!

Watch it by double clicking the play button to get each frame.

Caps = friendly frustrated shouting at my computer screen lol!

haha Ok I see it now the one on the left is also duller and when it first is flipped onto it's back is clearly seperate from the larger one on the right, also means the one large snake I was seeing is two smaller gouldii.

I'm thankfull for internet, if I had to hit play and rewind 50 times I would have given up.

[video=youtube;G9oTqqUPCRY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9oTqqUPCRY[/video]
this it?

It took a bit of pausing and playing but I came up with 2 snakes as well. Its almost like every thing in that video is designed to make you think there is only one. There is a point around the 31 second mark that you can see both tailes.

Also, how big was the snake? I agree with it being P. gouldii

As for Gwardars in the Perth area, I wouldn't rule it out. However, I think there are a lot of records where Dugites are miss identified as Gwardars.

Clear some things up.
Its my youtube accont
I poked it
I was a real idiot and should not of touched the snake i understand
there was one snake no to
i think you eat something as there is a lump halfway down it

I was there and there was only one.
PS
Can you make threads about geckos on here?

Ok cool
and yeah sorry about my spelling i have some problems so can you not give me a hard time thanks

haha there is clearly 2 snakes. a bright red one on the right and a brown one on the left. you can see them seperate then the camera goes askew and when it comes back the brown one is escaping to the left.

Sorry I don't know very many scientific names of snakes could someone tell me the common name of p.gouldii cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back