Wet poo

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SamGodd

Reaction score
Wahroonga, New South Wales, Australia, Australia
My Water python, Lola, had a bad shed a few days back and has been super cage defensive, more than usual. This morning I woke up to a nice big wet poo which she left me on the basking shelf. Is it normal is basically my question and could it have contributed to her overly aggressive behaviour over the past week or two?

Obviously you had low humidity in the enclosure. Get a hygrometer and make sure it stays above 40%
Poop is normal. Sometimes that's just how it is.

Did you soak the python in water? There are any number of reasons for a sloppy jalopy turd. It just happens sometimes. Why do APS members worry so much about the viscosity of poop?!

I didn't do a full soak, I gave her a massage with a warm washer... I'd just rather be safe than sorry. Will post picture when i get home.

I cant wait to see what diagnosis "Thereptileben" will give via a picture.... I dont think a picture will help at all. We have established it was a very fluid type poo. Unless you are going to do a feacal sample you wont get anymore information about it.

I've been keeping snakes for sometime now and I can tell you sometimes it happens and it is nothing to worry about... However if you want to stress about a runny poop, go right ahead.

(Maybe you have a thixotropic snake!!!! The more you shake it the more runnier it gets! An example of a thixotropic substance is tomato sauce. Shake the bottle and it will become more runny........ PS. Just joking about the thixotropic snake!)

Snowman is spot. My female WP does it all the time. As for being aggressive during shed I'm hoping that's just the case cause she is going through the exact same phase as yours. My male WP is the opposite though. Hoping she a snaps out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back