What amnesty?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for clearing that up, both are pest and scare native colorful birds away. the colored ones get fed in my garden, and the minors steal their seed by driving them off.

Exotic fish, look no futher than the carp and redfin and the damage they have caused.
I still would like a chameloen. :D

thanks for clearing that up, both are pest and scare native colorful birds away. the colored ones get fed in my garden

Lol, birds aren't pest species just because they aren't coloured.
Native Noisy/Australian miners <grey ones> don't eat seed, they eat nectar, so they wouldn't be taking the food from the coloured birds. They aren't a pest species.

Here here my ****.
The people who you deliver the snakes to in NSW do not have the capability of identifying the animals that are handed to them.
If they are handed a hard to identify Aust native then it will probably be euthanaised.
the albino snake that was picked up will probably turn out to be a king snake but I need to have it positively identified before I kill it.
Im just annoyed that Ive been roped into this.

do you have to get it euthanised? are you keeping it at your house?

Yes, not at my house. Dont want my collection euthaised as well.
I went up to identify it yesterday with a bunch of herp old timers and we couldnt agree to what it was.
scale count is 25 in the middle
divided cloaca
non venemous
no pits but holds on like a python.

Pinkie said:
Native Noisy/Australian miners <grey ones> don't eat seed, they eat nectar, so they wouldn't be taking the food from the coloured birds. They aren't a pest species.

Noisy miners will eat seed if it's available. But they are primarily insectivorous, but will also take some friut and berries. And some nectar.

Hix

not yet, being sent to me tomorrow. I'll post them then.

Well, I hope it ends up in a Zoo and not a freezer.
I can't wait for the debate about what it is once you post some pictures.

sms just informed me that it constricts its food.
We want to set up something so that NPWS are put on the spot about the bit of finding a home for it so to speak. Some media perhaps.

I originally thought it was a boid as its head reminded me of an Antaresia in shape only.

Yeah, many colubrids constrict too.

You said some oldtimers had no idea about it, do they have experience with exotics?

Hix

Not a lot.
Mostly Aussie natives. Thats why I want to get a positive ID first.
That way when its given to NPWS they can also be given an option to pass it on if its wanted.

OK, humble pie time. Just spoke to the vet who euthanaised the corn and he said it wasnt NPWS who brought it in.
My apologies guys.
Peter

identification is easy mate.... just find someone with a rattlesnake which will of course be handed in with the amnesty :) and put it in with the albino that you cant identify.

If it isnt there in the morning and the albino is a little fatty odds are good thet it is a king snake... and you can pat yourself on the back knowing that you saved the rattler from getting euthanised, and gave the kingsnake a great last meal.

in all seriousness though with the info that you have provided i am still backing kingsnake... albinism is apparently quite common in the species and the markings that you talk about seem to be on track

chuckle!
About your rabbit sausages. There is a bit of interest here in Sydney.
Peter

i am picking up the first batch tomorrow so i will make a post as soon as i am ready to go there seems to be a fair bit of interest across australia at the moment so i guess i will have to pull my finger out.... the problem was getting natural skins instead of synthetic ones.... but i didnt want anything unnatural in them. now we have that sorted i will be able to have a constant supply on hand.

Also i will have frozen whole rabbits available, more info on that will follow in the post i make tomorrow

Take care pete
Matt

These pics might be to big but I'll give it a try
Peter

well that pretty much confirme to me that it is a kingsnake check him out compared to this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back