Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a strong distaste for all Monkeys/Chimps/Gorillas/Apes (you get the idea) etc...every last one. Don't get me wrong, I don't want any harm to come too them, but I want them a damn far distance from me.

I also don't particularly like Dolphins.

and rat dogs. I hate rat dogs.
Don't think I'll ever take a dog breed under 20kg seriously.

Didnt see it before, just watched it...
And it really freaked me out :shock: Whole clumps of them just clung onto it... eugh. I now really hate ticks.

Yeah I must say...that has got to be the absolute worst way to die of all time

This video will make you feel better....and if this situation every arises you will know what to do to kill the evil bastards;).....1 down 10 billion to go

How To Kill A Blood Sucker - YouTube

I don't like elephant seals. They look gross, sound horrible and I would imagine they smell horrendous. Nothing attractive about them at all in my opinion.

The hook nose Julia Gillard, When threatened it's red frill flairs up & mysteriously makes you go bankrupt.

I'm phobic of rats. Go figure. :|
Same, I watched a hallmark movie where some homeless chick thought it would be a good idea to sleep in a clothing bin - and it was filled with wild rats that bit her... also they'd like sit on the bed and stuff and not move cause their so domesticated...wild nyc ones.. like.. fat..small heads..boney scale tales and a linchy nose. I like them when their young tho lol.. their so cute..

I don't like pandas (because they can't breed so they should just die out), football parents (child abuse) and humans with white stickers of their family on the 4WD window.... I also don't like microsoft.. but thats another story lol

Spiders. REALLY don't like spiders.

Once when I went back home to the parents' joint for a couple days, I decided to go to bed at about 2am. Stumbled into my bedroom, turned on the light, saw the GIANT huntsman chilling out just above my bed. Grabbed a sleeping bag and slept on the couch. Dad laughed at me in the morning, haha.

I find it really strange when people say they hate animals just because theyre ugly or even boring? I mean sure, I hate ticks and theyre ugly but they can also kill freaking MOOSES (is that the right plural?)
But i dont get how someone can hate an animal just because theyre unattractive or dont do much. I wouldnt hate ticks if they didnt suck blood.
I'm terrified of fish... won't eat them, touch them, go close to them, anything. Actually make that anything from the ocean. It took me years to build myself up to actually putting my own prawn on a hook to go fishing. I can't take my own fish off the hook, which gets really annoying for whoever I'm fishing with. When snorkelling, I won't go by myself, I have to have someone with me, and if there is fish near me I wave my hands frantically in front of my face and kick my legs so they don't come near me. Hypothetically, if I had pet goldfish, and one jumped out of the tank, I can't see it getting put back in.
Thats a really strange phobia... has anything to do with fish in the past happened to you? You realise when your snorkelling they wont come near you right? Im not making fun of you, its just an interesting fear to have and one I havent heard before.

Last edited:
Thats a really strange phobia... has anything to do with fish in the past happened to you? You realise when your snorkelling they wont come near you right? Im not making fun of you, its just an interesting fear to have and one I havent heard before.

You tell that to the trigger (picasso) fish that attacked me at Green Island... They can be VERY defensive of their nests... I mean INCREDIBLY defensive!!!

There was a story (somewhere on APS) of a person who had an artery nicked by the same type of fish...

This is the type of fish that attacked me:

images

I find it really strange when people say they hate animals just because theyre ugly or even boring? I mean sure, I hate ticks and theyre ugly but they can also kill freaking MOOSES (is that the right plural?)
But i dont get how someone can hate an animal just because theyre unattractive or dont do much. I wouldnt hate ticks if they didnt suck blood.

Yeah I agree...I think Spiders are scary looking as hell but I don't dislike them at all...I am scared of them but I definitely don't hate them...Same goes with Sharks and Crocodiles...they are scary but I am actullay pretty fond of them.

Ticks are pretty much just the evil versions of spiders( they are closely related) if they weren't *******s who sucked blood...they would still be very disgusting looking but I would not hate them....But I just have to hate the horrible survival strategy that ticks have taken.

They don't just kill Moose...a 5 second google search found this...and of course they harm and kill humans with the diseases that they can pass on.

Tolga Bat Hospital - Hospital - Tick Paralysis

African Lion-Killer Had Help - ScienceNOW

And like I said barely anything eats ticks so they give little to the ecosystem while taking alot from it...Just horrible creatures...

You tell that to the trigger (picasso) fish that attacked me at Green Island... They can be VERY defensive of their nests... I mean INCREDIBLY defensive!!!

There was a story (somewhere on APS) of a person who had an artery nicked by the same type of fish...

This is the type of fish that attacked me:

images
lol Your not helping her overcome her fear :p
Seriously though, that was just a fluke and bad timing during nesting time. Ive swam with tons of those picasso triggerfish and even a giant triggerfish (which have a reputation of being extremely defensive)

I dont like introduced pest animals that overun and take over, especially the ones in Australia.
I absolutely HATE cats because of their appetite for anything they can eat and kill, and makes me sick the amount of reptiles, frogs and small marsupials and native rodents they consume. They have contributed to the extinction and decline in many native animals.
I HATE foxes for the same reason, they are partly responsible for wiping out many native mammals.
HATE Rabbits and Cane Toads.
Cats should'nt be allowed to be kept within a certain distance from any national park or wildlife reserve, I would like to see them banned altogether throughout the country but that would be difficult to achieve. The feral cats in Australia too are evolving to become large and strong and therefore other medium-sized mammals will be included in their diet, which will lead to further declines and extinctions of other species.
Australia has the worst track record for mammal extinctions in the world, and many others are becoming endangered largely because of these main introduced predators.

I dont like introduced pest animals that overun and take over, especially the ones in Australia.
I absolutely HATE cats because of their appetite for anything they can eat and kill, and makes me sick the amount of reptiles, frogs and small marsupials and native rodents they consume. They have contributed to the extinction and decline in many native animals.
I HATE foxes for the same reason, they are partly responsible for wiping out many native mammals.
HATE Rabbits and Cane Toads.
Cats should'nt be allowed to be kept within a certain distance from any national park or wildlife reserve, I would like to see them banned altogether throughout the country but that would be difficult to achieve. The feral cats in Australia too are evolving to become large and strong and therefore other medium-sized mammals will be included in their diet, which will lead to further declines and extinctions of other species.
Australia has the worst track record for mammal extinctions in the world, and many others are becoming endangered largely because of these main introduced predators.

Well you shouldn't blame the introduced animals...Blame the idiots that introduced them and thought it would be a good idea to do so...Especially for the cane toad.

Most responsible owners keep their cats inside...and plus their is an illness that humans can pick up from outdoor cats that have been feeding on rodents....So its better if the cat just stays inside..

Is this situation worse in New Zealand with regard to ferals?

Carnies (circus folk) they are nomads you know? Small hands, smell like cabbage.:D

Well you shouldn't blame the introduced animals...Blame the idiots that introduced them and thought it would be a good idea to do so...Especially for the cane toad.

Most responsible owners keep their cats inside...and plus their is an illness that humans can pick up from outdoor cats that have been feeding on rodents....So its better if the cat just stays inside..

Is this situation worse in New Zealand with regard to ferals?

I blame all of the people involved in introducing them too but they would have all passed away by now.
Of course it’s not the introduced animal's fault and for example the Fox is a cool looking animal (in its own right) but it is a 'weed' species that invades and takes over. I like all of the species of wild cats (big and small, even the odd domestic one) but it disgusts me how much native animals they kill, including the many reptiles they consume or just kill for the sake of it.
There are many responsible cat owners who keep their cats inside and i'm not having a go at them, but there are still many irresponsible ones who don't care. Cats are fine where they belong. The trouble is Australian animals have not evolved with cunning and efficient predators like the fox and cat and are extremely vulnerable.

The situation is just as bad in New Zealand but a bit different as they haven’t lost as many species in the last 200 years (since European settlement) as Australia, and also have Polecats/Ferrets and Stoats introduced. They have lost many bird species but some of these disappeared before it was settled by Europeans. There are no terrestrial mammals species there, although there are 2 extant and one extinct bat species. Many critically endangered NZ bird and lizard species are just hanging on to island refuges where cats, stoats and rats don’t occur.

I hate these chinese crested so called dogs and always have and always will they are the most hideous things iv ever seen and i don't even want to touch them cos my hand could rot off!!!!! What kind of people in their right mind would breed and want these things.......:?:?:?

Attachments

• imagesCAFCDR6B.jpg
    imagesCAFCDR6B.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 155
  • imagesCANET36G.jpg
    imagesCANET36G.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
I hate these chinese crested so called dogs and always have and always will they are the most hideous things iv ever seen and i don't even want to touch them cos my hand could rot off!!!!! What kind of people in their right mind would breed and want these things.......:?:?:?
My oldest dog that died last year was one of them and looked nothing like either of those photos. Usually when they look like that it is because of rotten breeders that inbreed them too much. They are actually very intelligent and loving little dogs and perfect for people with allergies. As for who would breed them, they originally occured naturally in a littler of normal dogs and the Chinese kept them as ratters and a food source. They are also most likely the actual temple dogs Foo's seen at the gates of Buddhist temples. Heres a link to a picture of him:
"Majestic" by kjezt | RedBubble

Last edited:
My oldest dog that died last year was one of them and looked nothing like either of those photos. Usually when they look like that it is because of rotten breeders that inbreed them too much. They are actually very intelligent and loving little dogs and perfect for people with allergies. As for who would breed them, they originally occured naturally in a littler of normal dogs and the Chinese kept them as ratters and a food source. They are also most likely the actual temple dogs Foo's seen at the gates of Buddhist temples. Heres a link to a picture of him:
"Majestic" by kjezt | RedBubble

sorry about loosing your dog, and your dog kinda looks like a silky terrier with no body hair, which looks nothing like these and im glad that not all like that ugly, but yeah i still don't like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back