Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dar1stheory

Reaction score
Hey guys,

These are some pics of critters I found on my trip to cape york, using my limited powers of deduction I figured the snake is a carpet, but don't know what kind, and I have NO idea about lizards, but curious to hear what it is!

Attachments

• Cape york 1 036.jpg
    Cape york 1 036.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 200
  • Cape york 1 118.jpg
    Cape york 1 118.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 204
  • Cape york 1 119.jpg
    Cape york 1 119.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 259
  • Cape york 1 120.jpg
    Cape york 1 120.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 215
nar i dont think its a bredli, more a cape york carpet or topend coastal! it has the paterns of some darwins i have seen!

Boy that lizard has a long tail,

Think it has been established the snake is a darwin.. so I vote 1 for bandwagon!

No idea about the lizard; looks cute tho

It should, although you already mentioned you were on the cape, and someones yelling bredli :lol:

Don't bag the experts Aus , they know what there talking about ?
Maybe its a lost Darwin , on its way back to PNG or a palmerstone jungle that went to far up the road .

Try , maybe , a cape york carpet . YAH YAH YAH

You never know, just may even be a Cape York Carpet Snake...or a Carpet Snake from Cape York?

Get any pics of anything else?

You never know, just may even be a Cape York Carpet Snake...or a Carpet Snake from Cape York?

Get any pics of anything else?

Lol, my fiance's parents have lived 17kms south of the tip for the last few years, for anyone who's done the trip, Terry and Davida ran the Croc Tent, they have been the closest residents to the tip for a while.

We were given an opportunity to spend a full 2 weeks up there in July last year, and with free access to a Landcruiser and unlimited fuel we got to see some amazing stuff, a lot of things that are considered "secrets' up there that the tourists rarely get to see.

We took photo's of so many things in the first week, and then my external hard drive died and with it the first couple hundred pics of the trip! :cry:

I had pics of a beautiful black headed python, and the most amazing green tree! The green one was at a guess 1.3m, and the most beautiful snake I'd ever seen, sadly, he was lying dead on the road up there, someone had run over it I'd guess, the red dust clouds thrown up by the cars make it very difficult to see the snakes on the roads...

So these pics were the only other wildlife we had the camera ready for unfortunately...

Earthling said:
Its not just a lizard, but a dragon...

Two-Lined Dragon Diporiphora bilineata

Was it around 6cm long?

I should have taken a pic close to something else for perspective, but I'd say he was longer? I reckon the tail was at least 6cm long!

Do you think they call Darwin Carpets, Darwins because they are found in Cape york?
So im guessing there is a good chance the carpet I seen on the Johnstone River could be a Murray/Darling?

I should have taken a pic close to something else for perspective, but I'd say he was longer? I reckon the tail was at least 6cm long!

Sorry, after rereading some stuff, the 6cm would be snout-vent length, so....with a tail at least 6cms long (tail usually 2 times bigger then s-v length) I think we have a winner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back