What are you getting your partner for Mother's Day

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spilota_variegata

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
My wife has been dropping a lot of hints as to what she wants for Mother's day. ;)

I went to the local car dealership today and bought her one of these .... Just have to wait until it gets off the boat now..

Attachments

• hyundai-ix35.jpg
    hyundai-ix35.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 138
What an odd topic title! I'm not getting my partner anything for Mother's day, and she'd think I was pretty weird if I did! I thought I'd have a look at this thread to get ideas about what to get my partner's mother for Mother's day, but at this stage a repeat of last year's present (flowers) still seems better!

Umm my mum is getting a lipstick from Avon. It was crappy enough to begin with, now seeing that car my present seems even crappier lol...

Spilota you have just set that bar way too high.
Every gift from now until forever is going to look like a bag full of shat.;)

wish i had enough $$$ to get my mumzy a new car!!! I failed to win tattslotto.. again :(
I think she'll be pretty happy with a dior lipstick :D not sure what else to get her, goin shoppin fri (i somehow always end up buyin all my presents late!)

Well, sadly I don't have a mother anymore, she's been gone nearly 2 years. :-( but I still love her lots and tell her every day. :) Brian (hubby) asked me what I wanted for Mothers Day and I said to him.....I'm not your mother, but he said....you are a mother..... I have 2 adult kids both living on the east coast....so I guess I'll get phone calls from them....and Brian says I'm....mum....to our pets. :) So when we went grocery shopping today I chose a pack of various cheeses and a box of Roses Chocolates, so I'll be happy with that. :)

I still havent figured out what to get mum yet, but everything seems really bad after that gift. If i had a few 1000 in my back pocket id send her on a tour of Europe with dad. Thats only 12200 dollars.. not going to happen as much as she'd like it.. Oh well, guess ill take flowers from the neighbours garden (he ddoesn't mind i swear!) and arrange them in a bunch. Then make pancakes!

Note: Kids learn to cook. Just becareful as girls get jelous when they see others trying to take you from them =D

Well, sadly I don't have a mother anymore, she's been gone nearly 2 years. :-( but I still love her lots and tell her every day. :) Brian (hubby) asked me what I wanted for Mothers Day and I said to him.....I'm not your mother, but he said....you are a mother..... I have 2 adult kids both living on the east coast....so I guess I'll get phone calls from them....and Brian says I'm....mum....to our pets. :) So when we went grocery shopping today I chose a pack of various cheeses and a box of Roses Chocolates, so I'll be happy with that. :)
The simplest things in life are the most enjoyed !good on you !cheers

Well slider, I've done lots of things in my life, travelled, had lovely jewellery, own my home etc etc....but in the end, I love the simple things in life. If I had a million dollars and my kids didn't tell me they loved me....all the money in the world would mean nothing, all the money in the world could bring my mum back, but the memories I have of her are priceless. Money and fine things are nice, but they aren't everything. I'm looking forward to getting into my cheeses and chocolates. :)

I'm getting me a bangle in the shape of a snake...My mum won't except anything, she never has, maybe some rocky road...my partner's mum, well apparently her and my partner made a deal long before I met them, He doesn't buy her anything for any occassions and she doesn't buy him anything, works for them but I'm not sure if I'm going to get her something or not

Last edited:
I'm getting my mother charms for a bracelet, my husband's mother won't accept anything, our grandmothers are no longer with us, and I got money to buy some books I've been wanting for ages because my husband is technologically challenged and frankly terrified by ordering things online :lol: Oh and the kids will no doubt get something from the stall the school holds the week before Mother's Day. Last year's gifts were interesting, non of us could figure out what one of them was - even my son who picked it! :lol:

i'm not getting anything for my partner for mothers day, he would think it was funny though!!
I will have a BBQ for my mum, family together is all she ever asks for.

I would really like more reptiles, that would make me soooo happy. I have 8 kids granted their all animals but hey. :) lol.

I'm giving my mum love :) I don't need to buy her material things to prove that I love her. I think it's shallow. I'm calling my Grandma June, and sending her a card

I'm giving my mum love :) I don't need to buy her material things to prove that I love her. I think it's shallow. I'm calling my Grandma June, and sending her a card

That sounds lovely, though I do think times like Mothers Day, Fathers Day etc are good excuses to buy things we need or have wanted for a long time if we can afford it. A few years ago, my son, who lives in Geelong, found a really cheap return flight from Perth to Melb and he bought me a ticket, which was a lovely surprise. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back