What are you getting your partner for Mother's Day

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My mum once asked for respect for mothers day, so my sisters and i sat up for hours and wrote respect on pieces of paper, big ones small ones lots of colours, we filled a shoe box with pieces of paper saying respect ...

My mum isn't my partner - my partner is however a mum...

My mum is my mum and not my partner - she is also a mum....

As Mother's day is not one of my sacred days... My mum get's phone call - so telstra profit from it only - I'll probably go to bunnings though and buy myself some stuff to build snake enclosures... that's all really :)

My mum isn't my partner - my partner is however a mum...

My mum is my mum and not my partner - she is also a mum....

As Mother's day is not one of my sacred days... My mum get's phone call - so telstra profit from it only - I'll probably go to bunnings though and buy myself some stuff to build snake enclosures... that's all really :)

I beg to differ, if you phone your mum, then it's not just telstra that profits.....your mum does too...just be sure to say those special 4 words..... I love you mum. :)

My mum HATES receiving pressies, always one to love giving them more. She feels guilty when she receives gifts and then feels obligated to immediately try pay that person back :lol:

That said, I'm still most likely going to get her something, nice card, beautiful bunch of flowers, but more importantly just spending the day with her, go out for a coffee somewhere nice I think, she's the best :)

I beg to differ, if you phone your mum, then it's not just telstra that profits.....your mum does too...just be sure to say those special 4 words..... I love you mum. :)

Ahhh yes, while mum profits emotionally, telstra profits financially... We were never a "I love you" family... If I say it now she might think I have cancer or something and it would ruin her day.... I have however tried to incorporate the "I love you" family theme in my current family - and we express our love often... But I don't want to scare my poor mum.

what ever happened to "hi mum, send money"?

HAHAHAHA!!! Actually, I've been really good and haven't asked for money now for several years... I keep dropping hints... but... Unfortunately, although heard, they're not acted upon anymore... It sux getting old.... :)

Mothers day should be every day not just something that someone made up for one day of the year.

My mums gets the same every year nothing, my mrs keeps hounding me about what she will get for mothers day, I think my son who is only 18months old is to young to go shopping for presents so she may have to wait till next year ;) ;)

I think the origins of Mothers Day are something to do with one of the wars....1st or 2nd....I can't remember which now. Women having sons at the war...along those lines I think. Perhaps someone here knows..........of course it's now like most other "special days"....turned into something very commercial.

I give my Mother love all year. For mothers day she wants same as every year, a bunch of crappy flowers, and I wiually throw in a box of choccies for good measure. Small tokens of my affection.

I am not buying my partner anything, (for obvioous reason), however went to Hardly Normal the other day and bought a 10.4" digital photo frame for the tin lids to give her.

It will be a difficult time for her, as her mother passed away late last year, so this will be her first Mothersday without her mother.

Hope that she does not read this between now and Sunday

My Mum collects teddy bears, so my sister and I went halves in getting her a collectors edition bear that goes with another that she already has.

My partner and I don't have children yet, apart from the scaley and feathery ones, so I know I won't be getting anything.

indeed Tinky, it is difficult if you have lost your mum, this is the second year without my mum, but I will light a little candle beside her picture and remember some of the fun things we did over the years.

my mum...well im giving her a lottery pack,and she's asked for some potting mix,so yeh maybe a cpla bags of that as well lmao......my partner??? we have kids from different donors,so not sure yet what the kids want to give her

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back