What are you Water Python enclosures like?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazordous-Herps

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was just wondering about people's water python enclosures. I know because water pythons get to a good size you need a large enclosure but you also need a swimming pool thing for the snake as well. So Melamine enclosures would be out of the question as they would get wrecked wouldn't they? So I want to know what enclosures do you keep them in.

I used to have one, nice little snakes.
Don't let the name fool you, the standard setup (4x2 with newspaper) works best in captivity.
You can add a water dish for a bit of humidity if you wish, but that's all you really need.

My water python enclosures are identical to the ones I use for carpet pythons. Heat source up one end, water bowl, one or two hides - standard stuff. The only difference is when I get them out and let them get into the bathtub the waters love swimming and the carpets can't get out quick enough.

Hey brother. Pic is worth 1000 words. these are pics of my two water python enclosures. one is 1000cmx2x2 with a shelf and one is 4x2x2 both with heat panels and one with a heat mat also to heat the water.

3ft custom water python setup.jpg

4ft water python setup.jpg

Last edited:
heres mine, not quite as it is now but you get the idea. unless the ambient temps are really up there the water bit is quite like many other pythons.

DSCF1655.jpgDSCF1656.jpg

Last edited:
These are mine 4 by 2 by 2 I've now put larger water bowl in now there getting bigger.
9a4a5yzy.jpg
nubuqyze.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back