Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just learnt about these last night! on sbs-"Speed of Life" anyone see it? Had a lot of cool costa rican reptiles. Bit dramatised but was great!

haha yeh i watched it to, i never knew about em till i watched the show last night :)

Just learnt about these last night! on sbs-"Speed of Life" anyone see it? Had a lot of cool costa rican reptiles. Bit dramatised but was great!

Yeah, I saw it also. Some realy incredible cinematography of some really unique wildlife.

I would love some of the basics that i used too own in the UK, Ball Pythons, Leopard Geckos, Corn Snakes :/ Boas are also cool even though i never had the joy of owning one.

Yeah, I saw it also. Some realy incredible cinematography of some really unique wildlife.

Yeah it was very good filming. I loved the alligator snapping turtle...poor basilisk. My mum's like "dont worry I'm sure that's a different basilisk on a different day, it didn't just run away from a rat snake into a turtle"

yeh i like watching the elapids in slow motion, fav part was the eyelash viper biting the frog and eating it :) pretty sure it was the same lizard haha, everywhere u look theres a predator lurking in the grass lol

yeh i like watching the elapids in slow motion, fav part was the eyelash viper biting the frog and eating it :) pretty sure it was the same lizard haha, everywhere u look theres a predator lurking in the grass lol

How amazing was the orange of it?? I liked the how the green tree frog was trying to lure the snake away from the eggs by showing off her colours!

the viper? cant really remember seeing much orange, more yellow :) yeh, i guess it got destracted long enough for the eggs to hatch. i didnt think snakes would try and eat tadpoles from the eggs.

It was good filming but editing was pretty terrible IMO, they jumped all over the place and repeated things just after they has said it? Like the Cat eyed snake? I think it was, when it went to eat the frog eggs, they didn't even show how the tadpoles got away until the very end?

It really is almost impossible to narrow it down as the choice is just so huge but the Red Tailed Boa is right up there along with the Reticulated Python (easily my favourite python species), Emerald Tree Boas, Rainbow Boas, Boelens Pythons, Rhino Iguanas, Green Iguanas, Tegus, Chameleons. I am a bit like a kid in a candy store at the moment and i think the only thing that will stop me is when i run out of space. :)

This is my sons female Yemen Chameleon, he is crazy about Chameleons and finally has 2, soon to be more I think :)
DSC_3939.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
candoia.jpg
Always had a soft spot for Candoia carinata

greenUromastyx.jpg

Web-Sudan-Male-BoyBlue.jpg
and these blue & green Uros, different species
I just realized i picked out a pokemon line up, your argument is invalid :D

Last edited:
It really is almost impossible to narrow it down as the choice is just so huge but the Red Tailed Boa is right up there along with the Reticulated Python (easily my favourite python species), Emerald Tree Boas, Rainbow Boas, Boelens Pythons, Rhino Iguanas, Green Iguanas, Tegus, Chameleons. I am a bit like a kid in a candy store at the moment and i think the only thing that will stop me is when i run out of space. :)

This is my sons female Yemen Chameleon, he is crazy about Chameleons and finally has 2, soon to be more I think :)
DSC_3939.jpg
my favorite reptile...so wish they were legal here in oz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back