What are your thoughts?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Houdini-The-Bluey

Not so new Member
Reaction score
What do you guys personally find are good handling reptiles?
We all know the berdies and blue tongues are generally highest on lists like this but i was curious as to what other scaley animals do well as 'pets' in contrast to 'display' animals(such as many of our native geckos)
Just a little food for thought to get so friendly discussion going :)

Not turtles... They carry on like epileptic ballerinas.
20170919_151256.jpg
20170919_152610.jpg

Hahaha i can see what you mean
Yes I'd believe that turtles definitely prefer to go about life their own way(although I'm sure there would be a few out there that might prove me wrong!)

Turtles just aren't ever meant to feel free air under their feet... A turtle would never naturally be airborne so they don't enjoy that feeling of flying. But yes, beautiful creatures that much rather you observe them than handle them. ;)

I'm sure a lot of reptiles aren't too interested being up high(unless on their own accord of course)
Lovely little guy you've got there regardless!(or girl, no turtle expert here haha)

I'm sure a lot of reptiles aren't too interested being up high(unless on their own accord of course)
Lovely little guy you've got there regardless!(or girl, no turtle expert here haha)
He's a boy... Pretty easy to tell the difference with turtles... Once they're mature, just look at their tails.. Here's a couple of m/f pairs.
20160403_082125.jpeg
20160403_081758.jpeg

What do you guys personally find are good handling reptiles?
For your original question, any of the Children's pythons handle well.
My Blonde phase spotted...
20171028_102853.jpg

My little Stimson's
20171101_164237.jpg

One of my GTF's... Just because frogs are awesome!
20170128_232121.jpg

Last edited:
Woah those are some really nice animals you've got there, i must say i absolutely adore your spotted's colouring and pattern, if i had the chance to get a snake I'd definitely want one like that!

Woah those are some really nice animals you've got there, i must say i absolutely adore your spotted's colouring and pattern, if i had the chance to get a snake I'd definitely want one like that!
I only got it back on the 10th of September. Got the Stimson's 3 days ago. Very happy with them both.

I sure hope my partner is as okay with snakes as he says he is cause you are inspiring my wish to have one even more than i already did hahah

I sure hope my partner is as okay with snakes as he says he is cause you are inspiring my wish to have one even more than i already did hahah
I only recently got these 2 because I want to educate my 2 young daughters about the reality of snakes and how magnificent they really are. In today's society, there's too much of "the only good snake is a dead snake" and I despise that remark, whenever I hear it, I feel my blood boil.
My girls are 6 and 9 and both love holding my 2 snakes. They will grow up to appreciate the animal world and not condemn these living creatures just because of someone's stupid narrow-minded moronic ideologies.

I agree with you 100%
There is a lot of misconceptions about snakes, both wild and in captivity, that frankly is quite absurd.
When treated right we can all coexist with no issues, so I'm hoping that "the only good snake is a dead snake" view eventually becomes more of a minority view than it is currently

We love all animals. We have various pythons, lizards, birds, rabbits, guinea pigs, mice, and a dog. Chickens coming soon. If a brown snake was threatening any of these, there is no calling the snake catcher. It's a matter of practicalities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back