What breeds are the best for a newbie?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeahbro

Reaction score
Hey, I am new to snake owning and I am looking to own one (as nervous as that sounds) I live in Nsw, and I am a utter beginner in owning reptiles. Yes, I do know that money and care that has to go into looking after a snake, and I am very prepared to provide all of those things.
So, I was wondering, what type of Snake (That is legal in NSW) that would be suitable for a beginner?

Thanks!

Good to hear you are interested in keeping snakes. On NSW Class one license all species are pretty easy to care for. Its down to you deciding what type of python to start with. Very popular for beginners are the Antaresias (Childrens pythons) because they are normally docile and grow to less than a metre long, or one of the Carpet python family, Diamonds or Bredli(Centralian) carpets are beautiful and have good temperament as well. Remember to research your chosen species so you have everything you need for a happy snake.

Childrens,stimsons, womas, bredli and coastals are all good choices depending on what size you are after.

You have to want and like what you buy. Get a couple of books and read up on different types. That said, I have a bias to womas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back