Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
how about we argue about weither or not diamond pythons are a type of carpet python? i think they are but i have heard many people refer themselves to a seperate species. or weither or not the oenpelli python/ scrub python are incorectly classified as morelia? i think they are.

That's stupid... why would we argue about snakes?

Anyway - a Darwin is just a coastal (just north coastal)... A jungle is a coastal (considering the 'jungle' doesn't exactly go inland very far.... I'm saying it's coastal)... Actually... They're all just coastals... And some arrogant nomenclaturist (if there's such a thing) thought they'd go hard out and name things differently so to give everyone a turn!

That's stupid... why would we argue about snakes?

Anyway - a Darwin is just a coastal (just north coastal)... A jungle is a coastal (considering the 'jungle' doesn't exactly go inland very far.... I'm saying it's coastal)... Actually... They're all just coastals... And some arrogant nomenclaturist (if there's such a thing) thought they'd go hard out and name things differently so to give everyone a turn!

nooo... a jungle is a subspecies of carpet python, a coastal is a different subspecies and a darwin is again a different subspecies. this is true because of the different traits present in each subspecies. e.g. color, size. their all carpet python but can be further classified... any way this is a reptile forum and half the time all we ever argue about is something to do with snakes or other reptiles... the other half is religion, gay mariage, the correct way to store cups or UFO's.

any ways i'm sure some of the more hardcore herpetologist/biologists would be very interested in arguing about the classification of different snakes... maybe

nooo... a jungle is a subspecies of carpet python, a coastal is a different subspecies and a darwin is again a different subspecies. this is true because of the different traits present in each subspecies. e.g. color, size. their all carpet python but can be further classified... any way this is a reptile forum and half the time all we ever argue about is something to do with snakes or other reptiles... the other half is religion, gay mariage, the correct way to store cups or UFO's.

any ways i'm sure some of the more hardcore herpetologist/biologists would be very interested in arguing about the classification of different snakes... maybe

But humans have different sizes and different colours and there's only ONE species... Dogs (domestic) are the same - so NO, I am right - coastals, jungles, darwins, md, etc etc are all the same snake, the same way you're the same species as a person from China.... Game... Set... and Match (I don't particularly like tennis either).

But humans have different sizes and different colours and there's only ONE species... Dogs (domestic) are the same - so NO, I am right - coastals, jungles, darwins, md, etc etc are all the same snake, the same way you're the same species as a person from China.... Game... Set... and Match (I don't particularly like tennis either).

i actually beleive that different races of human are different sub-species of humans, so i am a diffent sub-species of human to an aborigenal or a chinese. and i also beleive that the only reason people disagree with me as they like to beleive that we're all one big happy family.

and the only reason domestic dogs don't have different species is because they've been bred together so many times that it's formed one big jumble. in the wild there are different subspecies of wolf (dog) e.g. canadian and european. pet snakes have (at the moment) been able to reserve their wild form as it shown that cross-breeding is (or at least used to be) frowned apon.

orangesnake101;2180012[B said:
]i actually beleive that different races of human are different sub-species of humans,[/B] so i am a diffent sub-species of human to an aborigenal or a chinese. and i also beleive that the only reason people disagree with me as they like to beleive that we're all one big happy family. This has been proven time and time again to be incorrect - See Dr Alice Roberts' The Human Journey for proof.

and the only reason domestic dogs don't have different species is because they've been bred together so many times that it's formed one big jumble. in the wild there are different subspecies of wolf (dog) e.g. canadian and european. pet snakes have (at the moment) been able to reserve their wild form as it shown that cross-breeding is (or at least used to be) frowned apon.

There isn't an argument here - firstly because it's a point of view for many sub-species of snakes... There may be genetic differences, but they're minute and could just be the expression of alleles anyway. Personally, coastals are the same snake as jungles - just different colours and sizes...

There isn't an argument here - firstly because it's a point of view for many sub-species of snakes... There may be genetic differences, but they're minute and could just be the expression of alleles anyway. Personally, coastals are the same snake as jungles - just different colours and sizes...

yes they're the same species but there IS enough variation in different the diffent localities to further classify the species into subspecies. it is also proven that this vaiation is not just a random varietion in each differnt snake. you see that there are a vaietion in the color and size of the snake and this is what deems it appropriete to further classify the species

if you go by your argument who's to say that the carpet python and green tree pythons are a different species but rather just the same snake with a different color and size. or a spotted and a stimsons. if your going to classify a animal you may as well do it properly

p.s. i shall have to watch this Dr Alice Roberts' The Human Journey and see if it causes me to change my mind....

Im mostly playing the devil's advocate - because without a strong 'one sided' argument there is no argument...

Im mostly playing the devil's advocate - because without a strong 'one sided' argument there is no argument...

i'm going to be perfectly honest and say that i've never heard of that saying before so i'm not sure what you mean...... :oops::oops::oops:

Holdens are way better than fords.....
found on rubbish dump
fix or replace daily
for only retarded drivers
for old retired drivers
F___ 'd on race day

Hehehehehehehehe Valiants were even better than fords

Holdens are way better than fords.....
found on rubbish dump
fix or replace daily
for only retarded drivers
for old retired drivers
F___ 'd on race day

Hehehehehehehehe Valiants were even better than fords

oh NOW you've started it!

HOLDEN = Hairy Old Lady Driving Esomething Nsomething... (can't remember :()

I know hehehehehe
I am just digging out my body armour and fire proof suit..... leather jacket and crash helmit (with hans device) for in the morning when people start reading it.... should be a good subject to argue about..... grab some popcorn and sit back and watch :lol:

Nup... CaptainRatbag... you're right... nothing to argue about there at all...

FORD are First On Race Day.

Superglue is barely holdin' the holden together.

But I go for Mitsubishi. They keep on going - well my car does, anyway :p

A chemical which is toxic is a poison.

Some snakes inject their prey with a mixture of poisons called venom to kill or disable them.

*Sdaji quietly takes a step back*

Some snakes inject their prey with a mixture of poisons called venom to kill or disable them.

Step back you may... but I think (judging by other threads) you're better off arguing about fishing... ;)

i see it as, Poisons and venom's are both toxins. toxins are made of chemicals. the chemical composition determines the type of toxin and thus determines the delivery system needed be it injection (venom's) or ingestion\absorption (poisons)

But Tristan - some venoms are not poisonous depending on delivery method (providing you didn't have a cut in your mouth (or any internal cuts) you could swallow taipan venom without harm).... But, I think all poisons are poisonous regardless of delivery method...

I'm pretty sure ingestion, absorption, injection of most poisons will result in the same outcome...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back