Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't buy anything today but enjoyed my time at the expo. Think next year I'll be there earlier as by 11:00am, some people were getting a little low on stock that can't just be found at my local reptile stockists. Also, I'm new to the reptile game but it was good to catch up with a few people I have met this far :)

First time at the Expo for me & my daughter, had a great day, lots to see & bloody hot. Picked up 4 green tree frogs & now just waiting for the hubby to get home from work so I can show him, hee hee I'm gonna be in his bad books I think! Kaotikjezta my little girl said she saw you & said "hi" but you didn't hear her, then she was super excited to tell me she saw the lady we got our snake from LOL.
Oh damn, tell her I said sorry!

I got a pair or Australian GTP hatchies, a female albino Darwin hatchie, and I won the auction for the pair of jungles! Left today with 5 snakes!!

I lost all self control and came home with the most gorgeous little shnooky Stimson! It is only 6 weeks old so not even sure what sex yet. Really sweet temperament - he/she must have been under some stress and even that young, no sign of bite or violence or anything - and believe me, some of those babies can be really violent! lol. My new little addition comes with compliments from the wonderful guys at Amazing Amazon, so a big thank you to Vince and the guys for my new baby. I will post pics when the little darling has settled in a bit :) My boyfriend had some strange idea that we might actually get out of there without a new snake.. funny guy haha. Then there was an announcement that the Snake Auctions began at 2pm and he was starting to panic.. so when I saw the little Stimsons, it was like, "Yes, yes, you can have it, but let's leave right NOW and get him home.." LOL.

Got some great new hides and water bowls, some magazines and some rats for the snaky-poo's dinner. Really enjoyed the day - that Scrub Python on display was just divine - so, so beautiful!!! Fabulous chance to see up, close and personal a python that we don't see too often in Victoria. Also wonderful to see some of the amazing colours being produced by CarpetPythons and some of the other dedicated Morelia breeders. A great day and I wish there were more similar events in Victoria for the reptile community to enjoy.

picked up 3 Green Tree Frogs and a new enclosure for them, i dont know about frogs but my missus loves them so i thought i'd bring them home for her, she is still at work so hasnt seen them but knows they are here. i was a little dissappointed at the expo, its the first one i have been to and drove 3 hours this morning to get there thought it would be bigger. But got to catch up with stimigex who i have a BHP on order with so that was good.

There was alot less this year... I was actually kind of dissapointed. I got there at 9:30 and left at 11:30.

I got a bhp, mice and alot of kritter krumble.

ate5u6up.jpg

Thank you all!

I'm very happy with him :D

I think he was the one i was looking at getting but when i went back he was gone now my poor little BHP has no boyfriend....YET :D

Was he next to another with a really dark dorsal stripe?

If so then yeah I got him haha

Yeah i think u got the one i wanted its my own fault for leaving my license in the car so by the time i ran to get it was gone. there were some awesome looking snakes there

I got myself to gorgeous knob tail geckos, enclosure and few bits and bobs and have decided next time to bring wayyyy more cash so i dont have to leave and go to an atm

:) A shortage of cash was my problem when I went in 2011 - and I had to do the same.

They were selling leatherback hatchlings for like 2k each...

I went, and wasn't really disappointed as I had no idea what it would be like and I didn't have any intention of buying anything.
That said I guess for the experienced people I'd agree with you because it seemed like everyone was selling similar things. I would've got some marbled gecko's had I had more money but all in all I'd say it was good.

Bring on the photo's, There were a lot of camera's going off during the day so there
should be some great pics hiding out there :)

I picked up 3 baby EWD's and a Kimberley bluey, possible female.
Unfortunately one of the baby EWD's died overnight, so will contact the breeder today and see if I can grab another for cheaper.
Did quite enjoy the expo this year, much more so than last year, which was all snakes (and I'm a lizard man haha).
I'm embarrassed to say I didn't see the Moloch, didn't even know it was there =/

It was a great Expo with plenty on offer. If you were looking for a scaleless, albino parthenogenic carpondro - tough. Anyone who came away disappointed was hard to please in my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back