Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I FELL IN LOVE with the Axanthic BHP's Chondros were selling, but at $2,500K not one of them sold. I was hovering around his exhibit for a while and everyone just kept telling them "that's pretty pricey mate - no thanks". He has another ten at home. but I was SO TEMPTED.../QUOTE]

That is the typical going price for an Axanthic. I wouldn't imagine you will get one anywhere cheaper than that.

I FELL IN LOVE with the Axanthic BHP's Chondros were selling, but at $2,500K not one of them sold. I was hovering around his exhibit for a while and everyone just kept telling them "that's pretty pricey mate - no thanks". He has another ten at home. but I was SO TEMPTED...

View attachment 282398

Thats to be expected, the majority of people wouldnt know what an Axanthic bhp is, They only see whats sold in "pet" shops and think thats the standard in price and critter.

I FELL IN LOVE with the Axanthic BHP's Chondros were selling, but at $2,500K not one of them sold. I was hovering around his exhibit for a while and everyone just kept telling them "that's pretty pricey mate - no thanks". He has another ten at home. but I was SO TEMPTED.../QUOTE]

That is the typical going price for an Axanthic. I wouldn't imagine you will get one anywhere cheaper than that.

Well I'm buying one then!!!!

I've had a few people come through the shop since the expo with absolutely no clue how to care for their purchases. One lot came in to buy stuff for their 2 diamond backs. Some came while I was at the expo proudly showing off their miniature lace monitors :shock:, I would have liked to have been at work for that. I think care sheets should be mandatory.

Introducing Dante :). Sorry about the pic quality; doesn't do his amazing colours justice at all. This dear little shnooky was bred by Sam from Amazing Amazon (I got him at the expo) and I couldn't be happier with him. Of course "he" may need a name change when he's sexed..... but til then he is named for "Dante's Inferno" lol. This little Stimson is a hybrid form and the pattern on his head is just beautiful. I am hoping his golden base-colour becomes more pronounced as he grows. Temperament is just fantastic and he smashed down his little mousy for breakfast this morning like a real champ!

Attachments

• Dante 18.2.13 (2).jpg
    Dante 18.2.13 (2).jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 95
  • Dante 17.2.13.jpg
    Dante 17.2.13.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 82
  • Dante 18.2.13 (3).jpg
    Dante 18.2.13 (3).jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 88
4 weeks ago I was terrified of snakes, would never in my wildest dreams thought I'd ever own one, anyway my mate talked me into getting a licence so I applied for one and ended up buying a 4 month old high yellow diamond python and have had him for about 3 weeks now and loving him !

anyway with growing obsession I thought I'd go down to the expo (which I thought was awesome) to have a look, luckily I bought my licence and some cash with me because I ended up leaving with a jungle hatchling, along with other bits and pieces ! Never realised what such amazing creatures they are and how rewarding it is to look after them ! and look forward to getting many more !

P.S- does anybody know how to upload photos onto your profile and in comments like this etc off your phone (iPhone 4S) ? I clicked attachments then it took me to a separate page where my photos weren't even accessible, any help is appreciated and sorry if I went a bit off topic ! :|

The only thing I had to do was remember to take my licence.. But nooo I forgot so I didn't get anything lol there was a few I was thinking of putting a deposit on and then picking them up today but no licence made it a lot easier to walk away!! There was a number or 2 I got for future purchases though

Sent from my GT-N7000
i didn't take mine either so I didn't buy anything but in the end bought 3 green tree frogs, I got my missus to take a photo of my licence card and send it to me, and that was fine for the breeder.

As I attended the expo from NSW I thought it was a little small - however in comparison it's interesting to see species offered for sale. All the reptile sellers I spoke with were polite, friendly and helpful. So congrats. This is what is needed to increase awareness and defuse the bad stigma around reptile keepers and breeders by the general public. As I was there s a vendor (shameless plug... PuraChips Professional Aspen Bedding) I was delighted to see so many people who said... "I dont have a reptile yet - just looking to see what I need and get the right information." Now I just hope that the breeders to right by them and give them that.. I'm sure they do ;)

I think it is excellent to see this hobby growing and I will support it where I can. You meet so many different people from different walks of life talking about and sharing a common interest. I will be back next year.

Oh and to all those who purchase our product... Thanks... I'm sure you will like it as much as we do :)

Cheers, Damian

4 weeks ago I was terrified of snakes, would never in my wildest dreams thought I'd ever own one, anyway my mate talked me into getting a licence so I applied for one and ended up buying a 4 month old high yellow diamond python and have had him for about 3 weeks now and loving him !

anyway with growing obsession I thought I'd go down to the expo (which I thought was awesome) to have a look, luckily I bought my licence and some cash with me because I ended up leaving with a jungle hatchling, along with other bits and pieces ! Never realised what such amazing creatures they are and how rewarding it is to look after them ! and look forward to getting many more !

P.S- does anybody know how to upload photos onto your profile and in comments like this etc off your phone (iPhone 4S) ? I clicked attachments then it took me to a separate page where my photos weren't even accessible, any help is appreciated and sorry if I went a bit off topic ! :|

download photobucket app and make an account thats what I use. then you can just add the image link to your post dont hafto "add attachment".

attachment.php

Has APS ever gotten behind these expos with sponsorship or help or anything? Surely with the money made from subscribers, sponsors, calendars, etc APS could get behind the hobby with some help. Support the hobby that really seems to support them?

I recon there needs to be a proffesional photographer to take photos of the expo .. and help capture the memories <3 .. and will be good for advertising the following years expo

I've had a few people come through the shop since the expo with absolutely no clue how to care for their purchases. One lot came in to buy stuff for their 2 diamond backs. Some came while I was at the expo proudly showing off their miniature lace monitors :shock:, I would have liked to have been at work for that. I think care sheets should be mandatory.

I like the idea of compulsory care sheets though it has to be said that although I have no idea which shop you are from truth is that pet shops are responsible for more than their fair share of BS info getting to the new keeper. Usually the type of false information that drives an unnecessary sale. I'm not saying that is what you do but you have to admit that is how things generally go.

I like the idea of compulsory care sheets though it has to be said that although I have no idea which shop you are from truth is that pet shops are responsible for more than their fair share of BS info getting to the new keeper. Usually the type of false information that drives an unnecessary sale. I'm not saying that is what you do but you have to admit that is how things generally go.
Yes, don't worry. I agree.

i got a exo terra monsoon mister not much else as i was on the vhs table for most of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back