Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
we came down from Brisbane, and had a great time, Sarah nearly bought a nice little Olive, and i loved a little Jungle, and omg that Large Male Water Python fr $250 farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk me, i so so so so wanted lol
but alas had a gr8 time in melbourne met a heap of gr8 peeps, :)

;) probably...it takes almost a year to organise one and it is A LOT of work for the organisers! Sorry you missed the one we just had. :(

i picked up breeding pair of thick tales, 2 large males thick tales, a baby levis and 2 bynoes, i wanted to get some adult levis levis but didn't see a lot around

I just called up a Melbourne reptile shop on availability etc of a python i wouldnt mind getting in the next 6-12mths,and heard that apparently there may not be a Melbourne Reptile Expo next year as this year didnt do so well? Does anyone know anymore about this? I would be devastated as i am really looking forward to going to my first show.
Next snake i wouldnt mind is an albino darwin carpet.

I just called up a Melbourne reptile shop on availability etc of a python i wouldnt mind getting in the next 6-12mths,and heard that apparently there may not be a Melbourne Reptile Expo next year as this year didnt do so well? Does anyone know anymore about this? I would be devastated as i am really looking forward to going to my first show.

Haven't heard anything about not having an expo next year... you could contact the VHS if you would like.

Haven't heard anything about not having an expo next year... you could contact the VHS if you would like.

Hmmm,i never thought of that hahaha.

Note - just sent an email off to them as i cannot find a contact number. Have work in about an hour or so but will check emails after i finish work at 9pm.

Last edited:
good luck getting a reply.i emailed about purchasing some back copies of herpetofauna,couple of months back,never heard back,lol

also being a pet shop,there probably hoping u pay there price instead of picking up a bargain elsewhere,eg next years expo,so wouldnt rely on that comment 100 percent

I sure hope your right richard. I would go to this shop to buy my next snake if they had what i wanted available. If i was to buy from this shop,it would be sooner than February next year.

they may know what there talking about,but also very well may not,lol,ive heard some pretty dodgey things said at pet shops,even some of the supposed better ones,alot are more into the sale then anything else,i know a chap who also got fired for reccomending an easier,re cheaper species to a begginner over the expensive one they were interested in,whats worse is people listen to some of the advice and take it as gospel,lol

Hmmm,i never thought of that hahaha.

Note - just sent an email off to them as i cannot find a contact number. Have work in about an hour or so but will check emails after i finish work at 9pm.

Should sign up as a member as well when they get back to you... our herp societies (Australia wide) could all use our help ;)

Should sign up as a member as well when they get back to you... our herp societies (Australia wide) could all use our help ;)

I do plan on doing that yes,should they get back to me. I really want to go to the next expo in Melbourne and hopefully meet a few of you there. Do you all meet up at one place there? My 11yo daughter and myself are very excited lol. Im just a little um 'angry' would be a nice word,that my tax return done 3wks ago now still has not come in. I have a snake on hold atm and i hate stuffing people around once i have said 'yes,i will have this'. As i am unsure to when my tax will come in,i cannot sign up as a member right now.

Ok,i got an email back but its to late now to be making calls. I have contact numbers i can call,and have given my own also. Hopefully will hear something tomorrow.
I was told thou that its probably easier to talk on phone than play 'email tennis' lol. Gotta agree with that.

Last edited:

OK, as for this years expo "not doing so well", the fact of the matter is that this years event was the most successful so far. This one was the 5th expo we have staged and below is an indication of how it has grown by the indicator of "Animal Sales" on the day............

width="384" style="width: 384px"
|-
| style="width: 64px; height: 17px" | Expo
| style="width: 64px; height: 17px" | Snakes
| style="width: 64px; height: 17px" | Lizards
| style="width: 64px; height: 17px" | Frogs
| style="width: 64px; height: 17px" | Turtles
| style="width: 64px; height: 17px" | TOTAL
|-
| style="width: 64px; height: 17px" | 2006
| style="width: 64px; height: 17px" | 62
| style="width: 64px; height: 17px" | 19
| style="width: 64px; height: 17px" | 9
| style="width: 64px; height: 17px" | 0
| style="width: 64px; height: 17px" | 90
|-
| style="width: 64px; height: 17px" | 2008
| style="width: 64px; height: 17px" |
|-
| style="width: 64px; height: 17px" | 2009
| style="width: 64px; height: 17px" | 79
| style="width: 64px; height: 17px" | 123
| style="width: 64px; height: 17px" | 103
| style="width: 64px; height: 17px" | 5
| style="width: 64px; height: 17px" | 310
|-
| style="width: 64px; height: 17px" | 2011
| style="width: 64px; height: 17px" | 107
| style="width: 64px; height: 17px" | 171
| style="width: 64px; height: 17px" | 183
| style="width: 64px; height: 17px" | 5
| style="width: 64px; height: 17px" | 466
|-
| style="width: 64px; height: 17px" | 2012
| style="width: 64px; height: 17px" | 163
| style="width: 64px; height: 17px" | 260
| style="width: 64px; height: 17px" | 147
| style="width: 64px; height: 17px" | 27
| style="width: 64px; height: 17px" | 597
|-
| style="width: 64px; height: 17px" | TOTAL
| style="width: 64px; height: 17px" | 411
| style="width: 64px; height: 17px" | 573
| style="width: 64px; height: 17px" | 442
| style="width: 64px; height: 17px" | 37
| style="width: 64px; height: 17px" | 1463
|-

2008 was the only year we have no figures for but I am sure it would have fallen somewhere in between 2006 and 2009.

We are already working towards next years expo and looking forward to it being the best yet so start saving ya pennies now as there are always some great deals to be made!

If anyone wants to lock themselves in for a table or to be one of our sponsors then it is never too early so get those emails coming in now.
So, Red_LaCN put your mind at rest and get your expo hat on next year :)

Well now that i am glad to hear!!! I have been busy all day then fell asleep early,was exhausted. And you can be sure i will start saving those pennies,and i already know exactly what i want :D The only problem is what to do with the extra cash,so many choices! Im glad that it will be on and that what i was told was a load of dung. I was worried as i had seen the videos and you all look so busy,and i want to come to the expo next year!

No worries Red:) Our secretary has been trying to reach you to put your mind at rest too. I think he left you a message so if you could give him a call back it would be appreciated :)

Happy saving
Afro

Yeps i called back,has been so busy here lol. He will be sending me via postal mail the application i need so that i can join which i thought was awesome. Cant wait to get that and fill it in and send it off now,only decision left is to decide which membership i would like haha. Has a very good chat with him also,and found him very polite so now i cant wait to meet everyone.

see mate,had a feeling it would still be on,got to love rumours,lol

definatly join up,every member counts,and the society works pretty hard,and have for years,so any support back is greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back