Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon-Drew

Reaction score
What is it that drives you to make your next purchase?

- Is it that you like the look of a certain species?
- Is it because you want to try and bread with something you already have?
- Do you want to collect as many different species and forms as possible?
- Or do you just collect what ever you can get your hands on?

i just have a few certain things that i like the look of really, i got my first snake as a diamond one because it was from some one i knew and 2 because i liked the look which is why i got all my animals. and most of the time i dont even bother buying pairs i just by individual animals that i like and then i might pick up a partner later on. in the beginning its just cos i like that animal then as i learn more about them i might decide to breed, but to me its about what the animal looks like :)

got coastal for looks and if had the room i would like to get one of each species, im hopefully getting a bredli and would love an albino carpet, and thinking of getting a jungle or a childrens some time in the future.

got coastal for looks and if had the room i would like to get one of each species, im hopefully getting a bredli and would love an albino carpet, and thinking of getting a jungle or a childrens some time in the future.

each species of what? snake? reptile? python? morelia? (although there was an anteresia listed)

i love colubrids and would like all of them purely because they are the underdog of the herping world. not as many people have them and breed them as they do elapids and pythons and they are very interesting snakes. night tigers and common tree snakes particularly for their looks and variations. but northern is the pipe dream (and thats only because they are so rare i would just like to be one of the few who has a good crack at breeding them). pythons is all personality. i obviously want to buy good looking snakes also. but jungles, aspidites (smaller ones and ones that retain good patterning into adult-hood like the calicos), albino's (olives and darwins and blue tongues.. and those black blue tongues), green tree pythons and anything blue (e.g. blue CTS or blue phase GTP). love wierd colour phases like the blues. so not everything i can get my hands on... but almost anything :p

my bad yeah i ment pythons theres a few i would like just dont have the space since im renting.

no woz... im in the same boat.. if i had my way i would have a seperate auditorium filled with reptiles and enclosures and a big open aired garden area in the middle for the crocs :p

I have one pretty basic little Stimmie.....he's all I'll ever have, I adore him (her) because I fell in love with snakes about 30 yrs ago...and although I love the look of many other species, the joy of caring for one snake is enough for me. :)

I'll just have 2 of everything and save all the hasstle

eir looks and variations. but northern is the pipe dream (and thats only because they are so rare i would just like to be one of the few who has a good crack at breeding them)

dam you thats my dream get your own!

If you do get one im moving down to Glen Waverley.

My next purchase is a Freckled Monitor and red eye green tree frogs.
Frogs are cool cos well they're are the ultimate kid pet.
Monitor's wernt something i considered untill just recently and i like arboreal species and or more aquatic species.

But other than that I'm in the same boat as young Syeph
Colubrids are the bomb
Keelbacks are my next big purchase
Then Night tiger
Droooooll

Love 'em all. Partial to larger snakes, moving into vens--Tigers are just cool looking snakes--love the head shape. A RBB will be my next, they are a cool snake but also all I am permited to own at present, then I can get a Tiger, an adder, colletts....
Would love a large monitor.
Hope to add BHP's to collection sometime soon as well.
I have a thing for a nice common tree snake.

animals i get as hatchies i get cos i really like the look of them,....animals i get as adults i take cos they need a new home and some tlc,...

not really interested in breeding, i just have the critters cos theyre such loveable things. :)

I'm loving the albino and het Darwins - so beautiful and great personalities. Wouldn't mind womas, too, but partner is putting the brakes on for now.

I think it's the range of different specimens that keep me wanting more... Imbricata...

I also have a massive sea shell collection that I keep scatterd on beaches all across the world. You may have seen some of it........

I'm your typical newbie that looks at whats gonna make lots of money and thrives on conformity and greed. I want what everyone wants and chooses to breed them to the max charging outrageous prices and flooding the market with animals that nobody wants :)

I'm quite partial to the mid sized monitors. I'm not really interested in those on the small or large scale. I mostly dont keep any more than a pair of a certain species or colour phase, as breeding isn't a proirity but often happens with little effort anyway. For me, goannas are the perfect pets, its their personality and the way they interact with their keepers. I wished I discovered the joys of keeping them 20 years ago when I started keeping. When I buy something Im looking for that wow factor, often having very bright colours, and stand out patterns. If it appeals to me, I wouldn't be phased paying double or more the market value of that wanted species.

Also one of things I think about when buying is the maintenance factor. In the past I have had a large collection of animals and it takes alot of time and effort to keep, now days I enjoy having a life outside of the hobby so am more mindful of limiting the numbers I keep.

I suppose it'd have to be the look of things. I am really into monitors now and have grand visions of one day owning a huge collection of monitors! I love my 2 ackies and am consulting finances to see if two Black headed monitors could be on the cards..

Also like frillies..

Started off with a snake but found it too boring, really.. I never saw it doing anything apart from feed time. I might consider a bigger snake like a roughie or bredli one day but for now it's monitors, my 2 ackies are always running around their enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back