Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
spotted pythons....I got an adult female for xmas 2008 and was hooked...she is soooo gentle to handle, even my grandsons walk around with her over their shoulders.
My wife wouldnt holder her so I got her a baby male spotted so she can raise it herself. She loves it.
I liked spotties because they dont grow big, so easy to handle and I love the colour. I just have the basic colour but would love a blonde,..any free ones out there let me know..LOL
Check out my pics on my profile.

What is it that drives you to make your next purchase?

- Is it that you like the look of a certain species? THE PRICE TAG
- Is it because you want to try and bread with something you already have? I BREED ALL MY SNAKES
- Do you want to collect as many different species and forms as possible? ONLY IF THEY ARE WORTH TOP DOLLARS
- Or do you just collect what ever you can get your hands on? NO IT HAS TO BE WORTH A LOT OF MONEY THAT WAY I CAN USE THE SNAKE TO MAKE MYSELF WEALTHY ;)

What is it that drives you to make your next purchase?

- Is it that you like the look of a certain species? THE PRICE TAG
- Is it because you want to try and bread with something you already have? I BREED ALL MY SNAKES
- Do you want to collect as many different species and forms as possible? ONLY IF THEY ARE WORTH TOP DOLLARS
- Or do you just collect what ever you can get your hands on? NO IT HAS TO BE WORTH A LOT OF MONEY THAT WAY I CAN USE THE SNAKE TO MAKE MYSELF WEALTHY ;)

Same as me Bax155!

I like all different types of carpet pythons, so I'm collecting as many different ones as I can (when my wallet will let me). I would like to breed them in the future too. Not cross breeding, don't worry!

When I started I got my first cape york which is my biggest and most agro python out of the lot now a days but she's for breeding and always has been would never part from her because she's my first then the second was a power buy hehe 1 month after getting my first. was surposed to be her breeding partner kind of didn't like his patterning all that much he was a real dark scatter pattern cape york. then as I went one through the first year of owning those to I thought about my next pair which at this point I was in it for just the love of owning them more then anything I purchased a pair of NT BHP hatchies surposed to be male/female but didn't do anymore shopping till when the first too hit 3years and ready for breeding, but nothing happened I found out latter that the people the originally probed him had damaged is thingy and he was infertile so I sold him and bought an older male 6year old proven breeder the following year, he bred with her 2 years so far and going on 3rd. I wasn't worried about temprement all that much so I went for what he looks like and the fact he is proven breeder and much older. I did another few purchases when my BHP's hit 3years for breeding and it turned out they where both males not a pair, so that sucked and had my more agro one up for sale for about 5 months before I did a swap for something I've been thinking about getting for 3 years but couldn't afford one...RP Cape York Stripie lil more pricey then the normal type but stunning from Jason Lenz. then I bought a yunger female 50/50 capie (gorgous) from Brett zaccar and payed a some say a snake is worth how much the buyer is willing to pay for it and I agree.

so I go for a few things looks, cape yorks cause I lover there bold creams/whites absolutly stunning animals and I'm just drawn to pay a fortune for a real top shelf looking animal. Bhp's its there heads and most definately there plasid temprement. I am just attracted to stunning bold patterened animals and I would have more if I was aloud I plan on sneaking in a few new snakes next year without my husband knowing lol. I'll destract him with a boat lol

Well I am limited to what I can keep due to my locality but I love tree frogs. I like them because of their head shape, the way their eyes and nose are shape in a smooth flowing line. I know sounds a little weird but that’s just me. I am hoping to get a She-Oak or to come November, again I like the shape but I also like their scale formation and the long tail. I am really interested in mountain dragons as well. close up they look relay mean and menacing and well.....like a dragon, as a child I used to think of how cool it would be if they sprouted wings and could fly, and how cool it would be to have little dragons flying around.

I basically want everything, but due to a non-herp friendly husband i am restricted to how many I can have. So I pick and choose carefully, trying to have a variety of animals in smaller numbers. I have picked my favorite species from each group:

I have a pair of bredli's for my snake family, green tree frogs for my frog family, trio of beardies for my lizard family, pair of WA marbled velvets for my gecko family.

The only family I am missing is the monitor family, and would really love a couple of ackies, but have been told I'm not aloud to buy anymore animals. So I'm working on it!! I'm in the process of buying forever houses for the rest of the animals that require them. So once this is complete I will try and arrange the room so I can fit another large long enclosure for some ackies! :) *fingers crossed*

I basically want everything, but due to a non-herp friendly husband i am restricted to how many I can have. So I pick and choose carefully, trying to have a variety of animals in smaller numbers. I have picked my favorite species from each group:

I have a pair of bredli's for my snake family, green tree frogs for my frog family, trio of beardies for my lizard family, pair of WA marbled velvets for my gecko family.

The only family I am missing is the monitor family, and would really love a couple of ackies, but have been told I'm not aloud to buy anymore animals. So I'm working on it!! I'm in the process of buying forever houses for the rest of the animals that require them. So once this is complete I will try and arrange the room so I can fit another large long enclosure for some ackies! :) *fingers crossed*

what about turtles and crocs?

I keep pythons. I dont like the legs on lizards. But thats just my preferrence. But my pick of all the pythons has to be white/black diamonds. I dont have one myself by they are usally good natured and extremely pretty. The only python i dont really like are coastals but there are even some nice coastals out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back