What do you think?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PieBald

Reaction score
I was just watching bear grylls where he came to Australia and in a 'survival' situation he thought it was ok to eat a very young olive python. He said the best way to eat it was to keep it alive. He head pinned it until night time. To kill it he slammed it's head avaunt the rock face.
What do you think of this?

I think it sends the wrong message which is reptiles are protected in Australia unless it's performed as a shock tactic to gain rating for a TV show. I also saw a clip of him breaking a file snakes neck.

This has been discussed at length already. He always kills stuff to eat, its nothing new. He does it to teach people how to survive.

I know it's legal if it's a survival situation but he placed himself into this place what does he expect?

He probably expects to have to do things to demonstrate how to survive in the situation. That's how he teaches

Why can't he show how to survive instead of killing and eating a harmless animal? Maybe save the snake for someone who is actually in a survival situation?

- - - Updated - - -

Someone who is doing it to survive instead of a tv show

I think it was a bit extreme for someone who no doubt has a camera crew with a supply of food very close by

So it cannot be discussed again for those of us who didn't happen to catch it the first time around ? Next time i go to post a relevant topic like the OP has i'll be sure to search thoroughly through old posts to make sure nobody is offended by having to read through familiar points of discussion that have already been covered.

Edit to stay on topic; Scripted/fake or not i believe its giving the wrong messaged. I'm not against it at all but i do believe there would be something better to show then how to kill a protected animal.

Last edited:
He's an idiot. These clowns (like some homegrown specimens I wont name) are just in it for the money and will do anything to pad their wallets. Sadly some people believe/ admire these fools and now we have wannabe clones running around copying their absurd activities.

That's what I think.

I reckon he just kills animals and eats them but he could have ate the candy in his bag.............

So it cannot be discussed again for those of us who didn't happen to catch it the first time around ? Next time i go to post a relevant topic like the OP has i'll be sure to search thoroughly through old posts to make sure nobody is offended by having to read through familiar points of discussion that have already been covered.

My point was that if you did a search you would have discovered that he never killed that snake. So you can discussing something that didn't happen. Discuss what you want, but it should at least be real.
I was merely pointing out it wasnt

My point was that if you did a search you would have discovered that he never killed that snake. So you can discussing something that didn't happen. Discuss what you want, but it should at least be real.
I was merely pointing out it wasnt

Real or fake its demonstrating how to kill a snake which goes against everything that ALOT of people are working towards avoiding.

Righto then, if someone is in a situation like that I think its better they know how its done. That's the point of the show. Anyway I'm bowing out of this one, cause I'd kill pretty much anything if I had to survive, that's what I think.

that episode is old
at least he took it out with blunt force trauma as opposed to cutting its head off....
he doesnt do it for fun he's eating it for survival correct me if im wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back