Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

montysrainbow

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
My hubby is not really in2 them however he is like whatever lol my parents think their cool my mother inlaw HATES them and has informed me she will never stay here when she visits again....i was like 'Oh im sorry...what a shame' on the inside i was WOOT WOOT lol and was high fiving myself :p if i had known that i would have got a snake along time ago.

My mum doesn't like them but I think she's facinated, she'd never hold on though, she wouldn't even hold my bluey when I had him, my dad likes them although he's never held them but he used to catch the big scrubbies that got into the chook pen and relocate them up the bush. My inlaws are facinated and have both patted our snakes but I'd be hard pressed to get them to hold one. My brothers missus wants to buy my bredli I think! The rest are pretty meh about it!

My dad can't stand snakes,doesnt care either way for lizards.my mum doesn't really like snakes but she admires my carpet python from a distance.my partner and I are pretty much in sync when it comes to our pets.

My mums reluctant to let me get them, but once I do she loves them and talks to them like they're kittens :?
She absolutely loves my levis.

My mums reluctant to let me get them, but once I do she loves them and talks to them like they're kittens :?
She absolutely loves my levis.
lol your mums not the only one, im guilty of the baby talk....i say hello my widdle monty....your a boodiful boy ha ha

My parents are both dead, but I think my mum would have been cautious at first, but I think she would have held mine. My dad probably would have eventually patted him. My kids don't like snakes so wouldn't even be wanting to look at him...they live interstate from me, so have never seen Barrie....hubby will hold him if really necessary but quite likes him at a distance. My siblings aren't that interested, but one sister-in-law likes him.

My only other family member thats seen my reptiles is my Cousin, she doesn't mind the lizards but she can't even look at my snake without shaking, she has a really bad fear of snakes. When I was a fair bit younger I hid a rubber snake in her bed, Im such a nice cousin :D
One of my uncles loves snakes. He lives in India and went searching for cobras every afternoon. My aunties are a bit squeamish at the thought of me owning a snake.

My other half is ok with it, tho he is not keen on any more. My mum is getting better and my dad has been around snakes all his life so hes like "oh yer shes cute for a small snake" (I have a stimmie. He thinks I should of got something bigger) My grandma is amazing and asks to hold her each time she drops over! No fear at all and loves her!

The mother in law is of the mind set "Only good snake is a dead one" but since Iv had Charli she is learning to come around. She will reach for the shovel but stops herself now and gets her husband to remove them! So glad she is changing her out look on them! And the father in law is ok tho he use to be like the mother in law but hes got better!

Most of my friends love her now Iv spent the time answering questions and slowing getting them use to her. Im very lucky she is so good! She has turned many ppl around towards understanding and not killing due to fear!!!

My Mum and Dad kept reptiles before I was born so that's where I get my fondness of them from :)
My Pop isn't phased, my Grandma doesn't like "big ones", my Oma baby talks to them and my Opa again isn't phased.
My sister loves my baby albino but won't touch my five foot diamond, I think she is just scared of the bitey end really, as she has touched her tail end before.

My folks love my reptiles and my birds and my scorps and my fish and my guinea pigs but they hate the mice! LOL
My husband loves them because they are me and a huge part of me, tho he is very scared to touch. He will touch them if I'm holding them and he helps with the cage cleaning :)

my sister loves snakes. actually shes like me, loves all animals. dad isnt really bothered by them, and my mum absolutely hates them :D haha she thinks they are both out to get her :)

Mum hates em, dad doesn't give a crap either way and my sisters strangely like them.
Even the one thats 18 in 5days.... how weird is that haha!

my family don't have a say, they don't like sharks they don't like anything that can kill you yet some of them smoke nicotine ..... i cant work it out...

elapid they don't like anything that can kill you yet some of them smoke nicotine ..... i cant work it out...[/QUOTE said:
funny how people think like that.....do they bite? umm anything with a mouth can bite. As 4 the killing u bit, people should be more scared of smoking killing them than snakes!

My stepdad doesn't like them much, but isn't overly phased, my gran won't have a bar of them, my mum used to hate them and call them "handbags and shoes with maintenance costs" but is slowly coming round. I had my big Bredli girl out today while Mum was here, and I told her she has to pat her and say goodbye... so Mum pinched her and screamed and ran away! She's basicaqlly the same with my ferrets and rats, I really don't know where I got this love of animals from...

My Family thinks I am one big weirdo because I have reptiles and go and spend all this money on them. I just think well I think your weird owning cats and dogs there do plain and boring. My hubby loves to watch my 3 snakes but won't touch. He sticks to his less threatening reptiles haha

well turns out my dad is scared $#!^!#$$ of snakes, so he thinks it is abit weird but he is used to me being weird! my wife likes them and has some species she wants me to get. my outlaws, well i don't know nor do i really care what they think and lastly and most importantly my kids love them! my 5 yr old daughter can open up a reptile book and name half the snakes in it.

Most of my family think i worship the devil, as 'snakes are the devils pet' :? they also believe me to be a little crazy.......meh, whatever, i probably am! :p

2 of my brothers have snakes though, & my mum has a bird eating spider, & they all have scorpions. My dad while he doesnt think i am weird.......he is terrified of snakes........which is probably the reason why i got her actually!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back