What does everyone think about this?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RHAus

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Let me know what you think of my new hide i just finished making.

Cheers
Luke

Attachments

• IMG_1453.jpg
    IMG_1453.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 543
The colours are perfect and the texture looks like a rock good job did you do this yourself

Thanks, I think it has turned out great.Yes I make them, in the process of marking an aboral background will be 1000mm high 900mm wide, with a basking shelf 400mm down.

This one is sold but will be making more soon

- - - Updated - - -

Their made from a fibreglass composite material

It looks so...REAL! I don't like most hides sold in stores as they look unrealistic and tacky but this I would actually purchase! Great job :D:D:D

Sharky I'm with you that's why I have started to make all my own.

Well done 10 out of 10 for realism looking forward to seeing your back ground

Yeah I'm really looking forward to finishing the background big job but getting there.

- - - Updated - - -

What colours would everyone like to see?

Yeah I'm really looking forward to finishing the background big job but getting there.

- - - Updated - - -

What colours would everyone like to see?
great job mate , i wouldn't mind seeing some more desert looking ones , whats sort of prices are you thinking of charging ? pm me if you dont want to put to up here

great job mate , i wouldn't mind seeing some more desert looking ones , whats sort of prices are you thinking of charging ? pm me if you dont want to put to up here

Thanks guys, Thomassss Ive got a desert one in the mould now, so will take a photo tomorrow and put it up, as far as cost i haven't worked that out will do once i get them down packed. I can't compete in price on ebay, mine are 100 times better but people like to buy as cheap as they can. just material is dearer then some of the ones on ebay.

Heres a question what would people be prepared to pay for a medium sized hide, house children's, stimsons, maccs, small vens, e.g.

cheers
Luke

Thanks guys, Thomassss Ive got a desert one in the mould now, so will take a photo tomorrow and put it up, as far as cost i haven't worked that out will do once i get them down packed. I can't compete in price on ebay, mine are 100 times better but people like to buy as cheap as they can. just material is dearer then some of the ones on ebay.

Heres a question what would people be prepared to pay for a medium sized hide, house children's, stimsons, maccs, small vens, e.g.

cheers
Luke
no problems thats understandable , i also wasnt expecting them to be dirt cheap either you get what you pay for with these sorts of thing

what id be willing to pay would really depend on a few different things , like quality ( obvious one ) detail and practicality ( so something that had a good level of detail but also wasnt a mission to get clean and things like that )

but as with all things like this , you start off the price negotiation ;) :) only you know the material prices and the labour time put into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back