What Exotics Have You Owned?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nick, stop please, no more, it's killing me :lol:
Only joking, keep them coming, this is why I get mad when people say " I don't like expotics " it's just bizarre.
Absloutely beautiful Rainbow Boa.

Geesh- lemme see....

Rosy Boa x2
Red Rat Snake (aka Corn Snake) x2
Grey Rat Snake (many- great snakes)
Yellow Rat Snake (many)
Everglades Ratsnake
Pine Snake
Western Bull Snake (x4- hatched 'em with Dad when I was about 7)
Green Tree Snake (many)
Common Eastern King Snake
Green Anole (many many many)
Box Turtle (Many)
Painted Turtle
Axolotl
Gopher tortoise :) (YES- I had it legally)
Ball Python (VERY overrated I felt)
Redtail Boa (Kept for a friend)

Mostly all, except for the redtail and ball of course, were wild-caught and tamed, or kept for a few months them released.

I was REALLY hanging for:

Grey King Snake (mouth watering Homeresque style)
Indigo Snake (still watering)

AND the crowning glory of ALL: An alligator snapping turtle, rehab case that had had a delivery truck run over it's tail, and lost a scale as a result. That bas$%$d could jump! It lived in my bathtub for about 1 month, and almost collected fingers from everyone in my family, and a piece of my dog's nose!

I also worked at a wildlife center, where I was one of the Alligator carers, so I guess you can throw in about 300 Florida Alligators- as they kept laying eggs, and all these bloody babies would hang around in the habitat for a few months each season before going out through the chainlink to wreak havoc on the neighbourhood :)

I never had nuthing as pretty as that Rainbow boa- man did I always want one of those!

bobthefish said:
AND the crowning glory of ALL: An alligator snapping turtle, rehab case that had had a delivery truck run over it's tail, and lost a scale as a result. That bas$%$d could jump! It lived in my bathtub for about 1 month, and almost collected fingers from everyone in my family, and a piece of my dog's nose!

When Trader and I were supervising a school canoeing trip in Canada I saw a HUGE snapping turtle swim under the canoe. It would have been close to a meter in length. I imagine that one that size could take your arm off wthout hesitation.

Elfling said:
Why couldn't Australia have evolved like Madagascar with its own chameleons :'(

Yeah, and the dancing singing lemurs!

I like to move it, move it...

My wife comes from Canada - does that count? I could post a picture of her if you would like?

I'll tell you what Spain is looking very attractive, good climate, great reptiles and people and some excellent race tracks. Mmmm :lol:

herptrader said:
My wife comes from Canada - does that count? I could post a picture of her if you would like?

Daavid :x thats not very nice, Ive met your wife and shes lovely :)
and my daughter jayde i so happy with her childrens she got from you, she called it "sea side snappy" ... dont ask me why and how she came up with that name.... im still trying to work it out

White Lipped Viper
Water Mocassin (Cottonmouth)
Copperhead Viper
Cape Cobra
Egyptian Cobra
King Cobra
Rinkhals
Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnake
Western Diamondback Rattlesnake
Tropical Rattlesnake
Puff Adder
Milk Snake