What Exotics Have You Owned?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bigblackdog said:
Thanks Nick - spectacular looking animal!

People - THAT's what I'm talking about!

Yep!!! Great thread BBD!! I haven't had time to read through it all but there are some stunning animals about! I haven't seen the ringed pythons before! :shock: Totally stunning! :D

I love those big tortley things. They are just darling!

I once had a beardie who used to go everywhere on my shoulder, including to my favourite cafe. I was in said cafe just today (not unusual... I'm in there most days) and the owner asked me how my "iguana" was going. I didn't correct him! (Sadly, my "iguana" died some months ago though)

I have never owned an exotic...if would could own one it would have to be one of those big tortoises!! Galapagos or Abracadabra!!!

GARTHNFAY said:
I have never owned an exotic...if would could own one it would have to be one of those big tortoises!! Galapagos or Abracadabra!!!

That would not fit in bathtub with you guys.

There are some gorgeous pics, love the look of that Rainbow Boa. I still think we have some of the best looking reptiles in the world though! Although I'd love to own an Iguana!

continuing on the tortoise theme - meet Alice and Jess
redfoot tortoises

Bigblackdog said:
Why the sudden outbreak of stupidity?
I would have thought my question reasonable based on the interest we all have in herps, especially the unobtainable species for Aussies.

I know some members have kept various other species of Pythons, Boas and other herps in other countries and just thought that others may be interested.

As far as I'm concerned, the above comedians are more than welcome to go & fornicate themselves with a rusty iron stick. :evil:

errr never fear, this is a sensible answer! i have a corn snake who is the best. (not that i am biased... : ) )

Bigblackdog. I am sure that nobody meant the humorous comments to be disrespectful to you. Just ease bit. All we meant is bit of fun. I personally like my hobby, but don't taking things so deadly serious to get upset because silly joke. If I upset you with some of my comments I apologize. I meant no harm .

I was born in Australia but grew up in France. I have always had a love for reptiles hence me catching lizards and snakes. One day i caught myself a snake, did not know if it was venomous but just kept it for a while. Took it to my pani teachers place and begun my lesson. I figured i would put the snake outside to warm up with the air temperature but the snake got out of the little bum-bag i had it in. Let me say that my teacher was far from impressed and i never again had a lesson with her.

I guess we should also understand that there are plenty of exotics legally kept on licence in Australia. Start with John Weigal & Steve Irwin. Of course, they are extremem examples but there are plenty of smaller keepers with them. They either still have them from 1997 or they have exhibitors or zoo licences.

Thats right, I know several people in Victoria with legal exotics and one in particular that has some quite magnificent animals.

Great Plains Ratsnakes, Corn Snakes, Rosy Ratsnakes, Yellow Ratsnakes, Fox Snakes, Californian Kingsnakes (striped & banded), Bullsnakes, Amur Ratsnakes, Eastern Milksnakes, Desert Kingsnakes & Trans Pecos Ratsnakes. All of these, with the exception of the Amur Ratsnakes (Russian) are American snakes. My favourites were the Foxsnakes and Great Plains Ratsnakes - great snakes.

i owned a couple of pink elephants but i only ever got to see them late saturday night/ early sunday morning

I have owned lots of herps.
. Ball python
.Ringneck snake
.Pacman frog
.Snapping turtles
.bull frogs
.Garter snakes
.hognose snakes
.Much
.much
.more

Status