Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Worst one was the blue tongue by far.
Would rather the big ones bite than a ven any day of the week.

Some of the non venomous- retics, lacies, boas, small perenties, olives, fresh water croc, scrubbies, waters, sandies, BHP's and list goes on- head butted by textilis and a couple close calls with taipans...... I have also keeping venomous since I was five too..... It's not like I started yesterday.

- - - Updated - - -

Alex when they are considering amputating a finger and worried about your skin exploding due to the swelling as your cell walls are dissolving, your kidneys are struggling with the amount of muscle broken down into the blood, permanent nerve damage....... Etc etc bugger the head size.

The spotted black had me wanting cut my hand off but I went into anaphylactic shock with the swampie.....

Wow not something i want to experience.. bring on the anacondas!

Some of the non venomous- retics, lacies, boas, small perenties, olives, fresh water croc, scrubbies, waters, sandies, BHP's and list goes on- head butted by textilis and a couple close calls with taipans...... I have also keeping venomous since I was five too..... It's not like I started yesterday.

- - - Updated - - -

Alex when they are considering amputating a finger and worried about your skin exploding due to the swelling as your cell walls are dissolving, your kidneys are struggling with the amount of muscle broken down into the blood, permanent nerve damage....... Etc etc bugger the head size.

Hell Scotty, pretty poor record really...hahaha. I've been collecting vens since I was about 10 years old and have handled thousands over the years both in the wild and as a keeper and apart from a few love taps from a couple of different pythons and a nick here and there from the odd whip or swampie the only serious bites have been from RBB, Tiger and Brown (all my own fault I might add -RBB while assist shedding, Tiger through a bag and Brown while cleaning), I've had a few close calls but I've never been tagged in the field.

Cheers,

George.

Most were neonates/ juveniles that I never used to worry about George. After the swamp in 05 I started being careful and I have had one nip since then.... Touch wood

I'm still in awe of people who handle/keep vens, even more so of the ones who catch/relocate them :shock:

Think I'll stick to my carpet pythons hehehe

I think I got lucky
he made contact just above my nipple first causing me to lose my grip on the neck

d4a1bf2381c4edbd88d79e35797a5cfc.jpg

7587ba61f7a28974e895e5f395da89ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I got lucky
he made contact just above my nipple first causing me to lose my grip on the neck

d4a1bf2381c4edbd88d79e35797a5cfc.jpg

7587ba61f7a28974e895e5f395da89ad.jpg

Hehe. Love it. Thanks. [emoji4]

As for me, my cats (queue haters) when they are playing or if I'm annoying them... My mums old parrot hated me and would bite me at any given chance, a wild wombat at Wilsons Prom years and years ago and my hatchy RSP on first handling flailed from side to side biting me about 5 times on each hand until he realised I wasn't going to hurt him.

Last edited:
Next time I do the cleaning I'll put him out on the grass. He's due for his rabbit this week

Have a 11ft coastal but she nice to me, its the others that are lets just say more active. And these are just a few from over the years....

Water Pythons...

Then there was the time he got my foot and as i was releasing him he got my hand...

And do butcher birds count?...

Last edited:
Yeesh sharpy those water python bites are scary! You almost put me off owning one (but not quite)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back