Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grannieannie

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
OK...we've just had a thread on what we HAVEN'T done, now how about something on what we.. HAVE done/or have got or experienced....whatever.

I've been to every capital city in Australia.
I've been to Hong Kong, England, Scotland, Wales and New Orleans.
I've had several operations
I've had the same doctor for about 20 yrs, love him to bits.
I have a modest little home which I own.
I have wonderful neighbours
I've been married twice, both husbands named ... Brian.
I have a son and a daughter
I have 4 grandsons.
I've got clothes in my wardrobe I've rarely worn...but hey, I'm a woman so it's ok. :lol:
I love jewellery, and have a couple of nice pieces
I've got a gorgeous little black and white dog named Roger, he's a ****zu cross and we rescued him. He rules us and the house and we adore him.

OK...that should start you off....your turn now !! :lol:

I was the first person to get red carded and kicked off the feild for the 2012 Gunbalanya Footy comp...

I have ceased to be amazed at the randomness of some threads on this site.

I think the weather has made some people stir crazy. Cooped up in doors=random threads

For me it's a case of what haven't I done.

I'm blessed/cursed with an insatiable curiosity, huge intellect and a miniscule threshold for boredom so I'm always learning.

I'm currently embarking on my third professional career change and the list of hobbies and interests I've had over the years is exhaustive.
I've sat down to collate my skill set and it's a lengthy and eclectic mix.

Who knows what field, interest or hobby might capture my interest next.

I make it my mission to accuse stern people of being happy little cookies :D
I've jumped the Tasman several times and will probably do it again...
I've jumped off a bridge attached to a ludicrously large rubber band...
I've birthed 3 children and married one (mental, not physical; may he never grow up, it's one of his charms!) :p Love you hubby, really!
I've done a lot of things, and I've got more shelved for later :D

i've also been to the capital.
i've walked the steps of parliment
i've seen the opera house
i've climbed theSydney harbour bridge
l've been married (to the same bloke) for 22 years
l've got 2 great kids (boy & girl)
and i've overcome a fear of lizards (first bluey 5 years ago)

i have been lucky enough to travel to and around indonesia started going at the age of 9 and have been going ever since total of 21 times with number 22 coming up in april

i have been to many topical islands, New zealand and thailand. i have also been to the parliament house:)

When I was 14 I was nominated to go into a competition for the Vic Hunt Memorial Music Award. This was before the Railway Hotel was knocked down in Geelong... lucky me won the award :D

It was funny too, because being a blues club everyone played blues... except me, I played Bombtrack by Rage Against The Machine :D

Me performing:

Me playing at the Railway Hotel by TahliaH, on Flickr
Me receiving the award:

Me accepting award by TahliaH, on Flickr
I Finally met Jeff Lang, an awesome blues guitarist who used to play in a band called Shatter with my Father.

Me & Jeff Lang by TahliaH, on Flickr
Got a decent photo with Cameron Henderson who was on Australia’s Got Talent. I was happy when he and his son went on that show, Cam had been writing songs for years but hadn’t done much with them until this point.

Me and Cam by TahliaH, on Flickr
Learned how to ride a horse when I was 11.

Me & Dandy by TahliaH, on Flickr
Visited the Titanic exhibition in Melbourne with my family and had a picture taken on the replica of the grand staircase.

Fraser, Mum & Tahlia Titanic 1 by TahliaH, on Flickr
· Made friends with a man who is currently in prison... he gets out in 2 weeks, then we’re going for motorcycle rides :D

Tahlia & Wayne C by TahliaH, on Flickr

· Went to a 1920s party as a gangster. It was good fun!

Me as gangster2 by TahliaH, on Flickr

I got my Motorcycle learner's permit on the 24th of January, and yesterday I bought this pretty little beast:

Attachments

• My Virago14.jpg
    My Virago14.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 184
  • My Virago21.jpg
    My Virago21.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 181
  • My Virago13.jpg
    My Virago13.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 180
  • My Virago12.jpg
    My Virago12.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 180
  • My Virago10.jpg
    My Virago10.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
I got my Motorcycle learner's permit on the 24th of January, and yesterday I bought this pretty little beast:
cool :) i remember riding my moto when i was younger.

i have done zorbing
i have done rapids(going up and done the rapids)
i have gotten up close to a kiwi(the bird)
these are some of the things i done in New zealand.

Last edited:
I have survived 5 and 50 years as a smoking drinking risk taker with a taste for adventure.

I have survived an eastern brown bite, croc attack, buffalo attack, pig attack, stallion attack, wild dog attack, bumped into a 4 meter white pointer underwater, was chased 80 meters by a pair of coastal taipans, been shot at while hitch hiking, bashed by the Qld police, bashed by the NSW police, was present for my daughters birth, rafted the Tully at 1cm below the cut off point and flown straight through the trees in an overloaded plane that couldn't get airborne.

More scary than all of these was the hag bitch I married. (Not Darlyn, we're just 20 year friends ha ha).

I dived 15 meters into 1 meter of water (overshot the mark), rolled a VC V8 valiant 7 times at 110 miles per hour pissed at 16, fought off a 5 meter salty whose head I had just run over in my tinny (destroying the propellor) with a paddle, grabbed a dinner thieving goanna from under my camp chair that turned out to be an xl king brown, and so on and so on!

My dad told me when I was 14, "if you dont take risks you dont have adventures, if you dont have adventures you dont have a life"

Good advice I reckon, no complaints here :)

Oh and I've been to parliament house and spent 8 months travelling the Solomon Islands in 1981.

I have bungee jumped
Watched the cliff jumpers in Acapulco
Been through the Panama Canal.
Built around 10 motorbikes from scratch.
Flown a Sopwith Camel
Seen a wild Iguana
Seen a wild caiman
Been bitten by about 100 different snakes.
Been around the world numerous times.
Paddled with tropical fish in Tahiti
Fathered 2 of the most wonderful, intelligent boys in the world :)

I have lived in Melbourne, Brisbane, Mackay, Cairns, Kalgoorlie, Perth, a remote island and Darwin.
I have travelled to New Zealand, Thailand, Singapore and Bali (multiple times)
I have travelled all the way around Australia but missed Cape York and Margaret River
I have jumped out of planes a few times and have been up in an aerial acrobatic plane
flying loop de loops and upside down (great fun btw). I have been in planes all different sizes
and helicopters too. I have been abseiling and white water rafting. I have walked across and swum in croc infested rivers. (Gets the heart going).
I have seen many dead bodies and have witnessed many broken bodies heal.
I have lived next door to a bloke who turned into a triple murderer.
I have represented Darwin playing eightball.
I have shared a house with the drummer from Village people and Yothu Yindi
I have crawled under a train to escape the cops and once decked a 6 foot tall bloke with one punch. Don’t know who was more surprised him or me : )
I have survived 24 hours in 40 degree heat with no water.
But most importantly I survived being tagged by my itsy bitsy little Darwin : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back