Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rolled a car multiple times and hit a tree, which stopped us going off a cliff.

Hit a tree head on at 120 in another car.

Took out a sign post in a 40 zone at about 85 sideways.

I wasn't the driver in any of those 3 accidents, each time the driver was trying to drift, lol.

Outran the cops on the highway when I first got my licence (smartened up a lot, now).

Jumped a motocross bike over 150 feet.

Had my bike land on me from over 20 feet up.

Jumped and FLAT LANDED an XR 80 higher than a house (those who know about motocross bikes will know any bike, let alone an XR80 with horrible suspension is a death wish to flat land from that height).

Been chased by a car full of armed drug dealers (I saw one of them alone in a car and he smacked a puppy, I went off at him so he got his "boiz" to wait outside the cinema, then it was on lol. I'll admit it, I ran :p).

Watched someone get thrown through a wall whilst doing a bit of private debt collecting.

Disarmed someone with a knife.

Tackled someone with a gun (later found out it was a replica, but he burst into a room full of people at a party and it looked real, lol).

Been a passanger in a VS commodore wagon at 195 clicks in a 60 zone going up sharp hills, airborne with less than a car width between each side of the road and a bunch of trees.

Overtaken a car on my dirt bike at about 110 on a small bush road that was signed at 50, car was coming in the other direction and my bottom end siezed, locking my back tyre so I was sliding at over 100 straight into a car, managed to go between them crossed up. Had to tow the bike home -.-

Rebuilt the bike completely a few times.

Done engine conversions on cars.

Camped in a tropical cyclone on the side of a flooding river with no way to get back home with the boys, we nearly drowned trying to cross the river with a swag each.

Nearly been bitten by a brown or taipan that was bigger than me (probably a walk in the park for a lot of you, but it scared me, haha).

Chased a bloke with a machete because he attacked a mate of mine with a metal pole (cops ended up intervening).

Snapped 3 bones in my hand clean in half, was awake for the operation when they removed the pin that was in one bone (the other was titanium plated and one was left to heal on its own).

Nearly died from an extremely bad case glandular fever, lost the hearing in my right ear as a result of that.

Lived with my Mrs for 3 years, quite an accomplishment for people my age.

Sold cars to get my dogs treatment at the vet.

I've got more stories that will probably come to me later.

Been asked to model for a few companies.

Nothing too special, SteveNT's stories sound awesome. If you posted up all the animal attacks in detail, I'd be keen to read them, mate.

Ha ha mate read the book. It's coming. The stallion was vastly more scary than any of the others. I was bailed up in a small tree that he tried his best to kick down. Had me bailed up for 3 hours. When my coleauge returned 2 hours late (he found some visible gold) I bumped that stallion in the bum across 20km of flood plain with the Tojo bullbar. Wouldnt like to be the next person he met!

Ha ha mate read the book. It's coming. The stallion was vastly more scary than any of the others. I was bailed up in a small tree that he tried his best to kick down. Had me bailed up for 3 hours. When my coleauge returned 2 hours late (he found some visible gold) I bumped that stallion in the bum across 20km of flood plain with the Tojo bullbar. Wouldnt like to be the next person he met!

Lol, couldn't you just walk around the tree? Every time a horse has chased me, I find the nearest tree and walk around it, it can't get you, lol.

Wow, taken not born,
How about alive and healthy instead of seriously ill, or worse.

My son was "unwell" when he was born and i couldn't nurse him for some time.
My daughter was born alive and healthy and l am blessed to have both of my kids. Sara was a miricle as l was told l would never carry another child after Jack.

Do you have kids?

I have survived 5 and 50 years as a smoking drinking risk taker with a taste for adventure.

I have survived an eastern brown bite, croc attack, buffalo attack, pig attack, stallion attack, wild dog attack, bumped into a 4 meter white pointer underwater, was chased 80 meters by a pair of coastal taipans, been shot at while hitch hiking, bashed by the Qld police, bashed by the NSW police, was present for my daughters birth, rafted the Tully at 1cm below the cut off point and flown straight through the trees in an overloaded plane that couldn't get airborne.

More scary than all of these was the hag bitch I married. (Not Darlyn, we're just 20 year friends ha ha).

I dived 15 meters into 1 meter of water (overshot the mark), rolled a VC V8 valiant 7 times at 110 miles per hour pissed at 16, fought off a 5 meter salty whose head I had just run over in my tinny (destroying the propellor) with a paddle, grabbed a dinner thieving goanna from under my camp chair that turned out to be an xl king brown, and so on and so on!

My dad told me when I was 14, "if you dont take risks you dont have adventures, if you dont have adventures you dont have a life"

I am green with envy, you lucky dog :)
but I am 15 there is still time :)

I have caught a coastal taipan.
jumped off a roof
and a few other things

Gee, my life sounds really dull compared to all yours. MMMM, what can I say that might sound a bit different.

I wrote to death row and lifers in America for about 30 yrs, still writing to a lady inmate now....does that count !!
I actually write to 6 US inmates now. Not lifers or on death row though, as those people tend to get a lot of correspondence from people feeling really sorry for them. Mine are all people who werent recieving letters from anyone else. Its amazing to hear what some of them have experienced, huh :)

I see from your profile you're a paramedic....now why aren't I surprised.... :p
Unsung heros and heroines.... thank you for being who you are, and doing what you do.... xx

^^^This.

And Grannieannie, you are such a sweet lady!

Gee, we've gone from fishing to birth and C sections...wow...isn't it wonderful how the human mind works. :)

I'm actually feeling kind of dull on that point; all three of mine were natural, one in hospital and the last two at home in the birthing pool. No interventions, no drugs, just me, my body, and my baby working as one. And screaming bloody murder in my middle child's case but come on; he was 8 pounds 11 ounces, born in the caul which my midwife had to pop because it wasn't going to go on it's own... Other than that
I may as well have just nipped down to the shops to pick up a baby considering the minimal impact it had on my body.

^^^This.

And Grannieannie, you are such a sweet lady!

Well thank you for the compliment my dear, but really I'm a very ordinary person, warts and all. Probaby a bit boring, old fashioned and quite conservative......I think most people here are much more exciting than me.

I'm actually feeling kind of dull on that point; all three of mine were natural, one in hospital and the last two at home in the birthing pool. No interventions, no drugs, just me, my body, and my baby working as one. And screaming bloody murder in my middle child's case but come on; he was 8 pounds 11 ounces, born in the caul which my midwife had to pop because it wasn't going to go on it's own... Other than that
I may as well have just nipped down to the shops to pick up a baby considering the minimal impact it had on my body.

In my day, I don't think there was any such thing as birthing pools or tanks...after the birth you stayed in hospital for about a week and didn't get out of bed for a couple of days. I had two babies...Christopher was vacuum extraction, I had high blood pressure with him and was in hospital for about 2 weeks before he was born. He was a 23 hr labour. Beccy was a 5 hr labour.....had cordal block with both.....he weighted about 6lb 7oz..and she was 8lb 14oz. Now Chris is 38 and Beccy 37 with babies of their own.

Last edited:
In my day, I don't think there was any such thing as birthing pools or tanks...after the birth you stayed in hospital for about a week and didn't get out of bed for a couple of days. I had two babies...Christopher was vacuum extraction, I had high blood pressure with him and was in hospital for about 2 weeks before he was born. He was a 23 hr labour. Beccy was a 5 hr labour.....had cordal block with both.....he weighted about 6lb 7oz..and she was 8lb 14oz. Now Chris is 38 and Beccy 37 with babies of their own.

Full respect for that Grannieannie; I was in NZ for my daughter's birth which is the only reason I was in the hospital, they subsidise independant midwives over there, being my first labour I was scared and didn't trust my body so I wanted to be in hospital, but I'm terrified of the damn things and I knew my midwife anyway. She was marvellous! Over here though, I went to the hospital for one visit. Just one. They treated me with complete disrespect, like a piece of meat, like I knew nothing. I was patronised and dismissed... people on the street will only treat me like that once before I turn my back, and there was no way I was going into a hospital feeling like that. So I found my marvellous Wendy, had the other two at home and never looked back. Don't get me wrong, I'm under no illusions as to how lucky I am. I'm one of those women who spit out babies like melon seeds (phut phut lmao), so I've got the luxury of that choice and the determination to see it through, particularly in these controversial times.
I'm done with having babies though, my little treasures are in my life and are quite enough for me :D

moved house 5 times
had more hospital admissions than most of my family
broke a record at the RAH for high opening pressure (65 when its meant to be between 7-10)
walked home at 2am
got in a car with a stranger (we later become good friends)

-Lived in 3 different countires in 3 different continents by the age of 11.
-Been alive in 2 different Millennia before the age of 1.
-Lived in so many places and had such a mixed race family that IDK what nationality I even am.

WOW so many different stories & adventures.

I think I am pretty boring compared to most of you but here goes -

Given birth to 4 gorgeous children, all natural, drug free births & survived having them all within 5yrs (AHHH the nappies)
Left home at 15
Have been a wildlife carer since I was about 16
Saved my cousin from drowning when I was about 9 & he was about 3 & if any of you follow the NRL you would recognize his name Steve Turner.
Homeschooled my kids for the last 4yrs
Traveled around 90% of QLD but haven't seen much else :(

This gets me excited for the long life ahead of me :)

So far,
passed out in the middle of class
Grown a huge love for reptiles :)
Bitten by a crazy little dog, matlese ****zu
Crawled under a pizza oven, very very hot down there
ran away with my friend from a pack of kangaroos around the middle of no where
bitten by a rabbit, multiple times...
So far 1 lizard bite and 2 snake bites
vomited in the middle of centerlink (gross, i know, but me and my family thought it was rather funny, then again, we dont have the most "Sane" Family...)
seen a few wild snakes and lizards
done a few charity events
caught a crab randomly
saw dolphins while i was learning to drive a boat, very exciting :)

Very dull life, but i am only a teen, i have yet to explore the world and do crazy things like all you guys and girls :) there is probably alot of stuff i have not added :S.... Cannot wait to see what other crazy adventures you have all been on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back