What have you found????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

najanaja

Reaction score
Today i was at home where a friend of mine was over to help me remove a old shed
He had his bob cat and we broke up the small slab underneath it..

To my suprise i found a old plastic icecream container style box buried..

In it i found

10, 1977 large football cards (what look to be old brisbane league type cards).
7, 1977 old Dysneyland post cards ( blank never written on) snow white, goofy ect

And finally

Hundreds of 1966 Batman cards, Complete sets(about 10 different series sets) and multible of all sets

there are seriously like nearly 300 cards..

Just what a random thing,,,

They might be worth something or originally were precious to someone..... I wonder why they were buried?
I once ripped up some carpet in an old house and found very old newspapers used as underlining. Made for some fascinating reading.

Sounds like some kid's private treasure stash. Sweet find! Back in the day I found 5c in a sealed tobacco packet. That's about the most random thing I can recall at the moment...

What a cool find! There must be loads more of treasure buried in backyards all over the country.

I was stripping the floor in a 100 year old house and discovered a cellar with furniture and bottles of port. We had owned the place for 2 years and never knew it was there. The newspapers under the lino were late 1940s. It had been closed since then.

The port was beeyoootiful!!

i bet,
I was able to get some 10 year aged brown brothers port,
it was 10 years aged when it was bottled in 1980.
i drank it earlier in this year, so it would be 41 years old,,,

It was the most amazing drink i had ever had

i found an old bronze broken medal and a rising star pin under one of our old houses along with some filthy pennys. the old lady was on her own for a few years but her hubby went to war so i guess they were heirlooms that got dropped in the dirt

I have the F book ninth edition of Encyclopedia Britannica. Found it while cleaning up a deceased estate. Printed in the 1890's.

I have the F book ninth edition of Encyclopedia Britannica. Found it while cleaning up a deceased estate. Printed in the 1890's.

Primitive Google! Very nice.

I have a first edition Charles Bukowski "Post Office", his first book.

Last edited:
I'm a sucker for old literature, so I was rather stoked on finding it. It's a little beaten up, may get it restored down the track. Pity the whole set wasn't there.

I have a first edition Charles Bukowski "Post Office", his first book.

A keeper for sure.

Not me but a friend who 'treasure hunts' at the tip:rolleyes::p bought 7 ceramic knomes.. had em for ages and one day dropped one an found a gold nugget in it not huge but big enough so she smashed the others and all but 1 had gold in it.. Lucky B!!:p

i do bathroom renos. the whole thing from ripout to end product. tearing out a bath one day and behind the bricks was a full newspaper printed on the 24/10/1986 which is my birthday :s kinda weird.

I'm a sucker for old literature, so I was rather stoked on finding it. It's a little beaten up, may get it restored down the track. Pity the whole set wasn't there.

I'd just be stoked at the one: Cake and eating it Wally lol ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back