Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RileysGeckos

Reaction score
hay guys i keep just geckos at the moment and im looking(thinking) about getting like a medium or small size lizard that can breed easily and be kept in a 2 and 1/2 ft tank.
need some help dont know what to get?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pygmy Bearded Dragon - You'll have no problem selling the hatchies IMO as most newbies prefer smaller and easy to handle lizards. But 2 and 1/2 ft tank might be a bit small for a pair.

Jacky Dragon

Mountain Heath Dragon

Central Netted Dragon (Although I'm unsure how easy they are to breed)

That's all I can think of with the Tank dimensions that you prefer.

Hope this helps

how oes it go with lighting and heating coz i dont want it to be to much power usge ahah

for Beardies you are going to need a basking spot around 40c and a UV light so it is going to bump the power usage up a bit but at the same time you aren't going to be able to house an adult pair of Beardies in that size enclosure.

Breeding pair of any skinks can get quite big, I don't think a 2 and 1/2 Ft tank will suffice.
Sometimes it's not possible to ask for the "best" for very "little" if you catch my drift.

how would some southern angled head dragons go and ive seen some pics of them and by the looks they seem just to use a light/heat globe but this is only what i can see in the pics ah

My opinion - Central Bearded Dragons or Blue Tongue/Pink Tongue Skinks. Shingle backs are also great.
In terms of the Pygmy Beardies, they are also a great choice however are a bit fiddly to handle when bubs because they are so small and super fast (not saying Centrals arn't).

If you are going to go with Central Beardies or Blueys, I would suggest you get a bigger enclosure. Not many lizards do so well in such a small enclosure. Even smaller lizards, Gecko's would be okay but anything bigger, I would not recommend in a 2 - 2 1/2 ft enclosure.

Last edited:
Would you be able to have a 2 full grown blues in there and as I keep Sking this but what is the power cost gonna be like?

get a bigger tank, atleast 3 foot, and get netted dragons.
amazing little dragons with great personality.
get a 75watt heat globe from bunnings and a 5.0 uv glove from any petstore.

how would some southern angled head dragons go and ive seen some pics of them and by the looks they seem just to use a light/heat globe but this is only what i can see in the pics ah

Angle's are alot more maintenance than your average lizard, they are great lizards if you have the time and know exactly what care they need. However they are not normally holding lizards, can be skittish (not saying all are like this.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back