Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a bunch of snakes that suit most people as their first, For me, my pair of Stimmos have been a great intro to keeping reptiles. There is nothing to say a Scrub python wouldnt make an ideal first snake for someone, though for most people this is not the case as compared to my stimmos, they could be struggling to give them the amount space and food they deserve when they reach their upper size. For the few who would be lucky enough to have a mate already with scrubbies and have the opportunity to get hands on experience over times with their day to day needs and husbandry, fully informed on the future needs of a scrubby - it would be rude not to let them keep one. If a keeper has done their homework and set themselves up with a species they'll enjoy for today and years to come, any species could be a good first reptile :b There are stacks of species out there, What species do you want to keep more than anything else? work towards that :b

PS my first choice for a captive was a Thorny Devil, just a tad impossible for most people to keep but I still study toward and dream about keeping them one day

Last edited:
Regardless of what species you decide on remember one thing

Every single snake is slightly different in behaviour attitude etc etc
So for a first snake go out and see some
Play with them and find the one that suits you
Lots of breeders in the Newcastle area so you will have no problem finding one that fits

Longqi
I think that you think that you are still on the reptile emotions debate, Don't even go there for the poor young fellas sake.

What he should get is one that he is emotionally attached to & suites his requirments & room & what mum & dad let him.

Cheers
Ian

Bredli for sure mate lol im only sayin that tho cause i have one, but from what ive heard from some ppl bigger pythons such as coastals and centrals plus there are probably more there just the 2 ive reseacrched and asked bout the most as there my favs that there normally the most docile placid snakes, spotteds tend to be very nippy when small so for some it could be a bit of a turn off trying to handle and get used to snakes, but im no expert so i dont want any one to take this information to depth its just my view on it not an expert view or one that should definately be followed just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back