What is a paradox?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pythonguy1

Reaction score
As some of you know, I've been doing a bit of study into python genetics. During my research I came across the word, "Paradox". Could somebody explain what it means? I've heard that it is only found in the albino gene, and that it isn't a genetic trait. I've seen pics and it looks absolutely stunning. If anyone could help it would be great.

Josiah.

definitely not only the albino gene

By Definition, A paradox is
a person or thing that combines contradictory features or qualities.

Of course when you have an albino showing Black this is a contradictive situation

Rumours will go on and on about what causes it, 2 Embryos combining in the early stage, sudden non lethal heat spike during early development (which would explain why they are physically weaker than non paradoxed animals) etc etc

There are Paradoxs for many animals, not just reptiles,
literally just a "this cant be possible" situation

definitely not only the albino gene

By Definition, A paradox is
a person or thing that combines contradictory features or qualities.

Of course when you have an albino showing Black this is a contradictive situation

Rumours will go on and on about what causes it, 2 Embryos combining in the early stage, sudden non lethal heat spike during early development (which would explain why they are physically weaker than non paradoxed animals) etc etc

There are Paradoxs for many animals, not just reptiles,
literally just a "this cant be possible" situation
So there is no way of intentionaly producing one?

So there is no way of intentionaly producing one?
If there was you’d see a lot more for sale

Wayne larks bred 2 paradox together and only got visual (or only het) albinos , not sure if they ever bred those offspring

Last edited:
There has also been albino paradox x albino paradox pairing which produced mostly hets in the clutch. Guess the question is the paradox really an albino or het paradox haha
[doublepost=1602302846,1602302738][/doublepost]I dint mean het for paradox before anyone asks i mean a het albino paradox ???

Chimerism better describes this genetic phenomena

not quite, Chimerism is just the fusion of 2 embryos which gives the appearance of 2 different snakes in 1
yup its pretty damn impressive. I paired two paradoxes together and just got het/visual albinos sadly both those animals are no longer in my care hopefully when I get into a position where I can start keeping and breeding again i may reaquire those animals lol

In saying that, there have been a few breeders who have bred multiple paradox darwins (not every clutch, but more than a coincidence) from same parents

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back