What is its genetic name ???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh face it you two, 35.7% of all statistics in a forum are made up.:p

Internet-Quotes.jpg

Its a pity as we can all say with confidence that until we have seen it with our own eyes, it cant exist. I am really hoping we are proven wrong and a picture of this beauty gets posted up. I myself would like to just like to see it for the sake of seeing it.

Just Dragons - I don't have to see it to know it's legit, the breeder is a good friend of mine and he called me all excited as soon as it hatched. I will go and see it when I get the time and hopefully he will allow me to take a pic or two.

I saw something that sounds very similar a few years ago however it was a childreni and died a few days after it hatched.

That's a shame No-two. Swampie, all I can say is Do it! DO it! DO IT!!!!!!!!

Hayden, I posted up pics a couple of years back where I had a four macs, two in two clutches from the same pairing in consecutive years that were of similar description to the thread subject and they died within a few days of hatching.

See what I can do, I don't actually know where they are but I know I have them saved on a disk somewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Here are some of the pics. Obviously after the snakes died.

Hoping to breed the same pair again this year and see if I get some of the same but hopefully with a better outcome.
I gave them a rest last season just gone as the season before I got a clutch out of them and most of the eggs went bad with quite a few slugs in the clutch.

Attachments

• DSCF5724.JPG
    DSCF5724.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 184
  • DSCF5179-1.JPG
    DSCF5179-1.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 179
  • DSCF5181-1.JPG
    DSCF5181-1.JPG
    179.4 KB · Views: 167
  • DSCF5727.JPG
    DSCF5727.JPG
    197.5 KB · Views: 161
Swampie, I hate to ask but... What's a slug?

Shame they died the second one looks like it could have grown into something nice.

swampie, they're just pre-term neonates, the coulour is about the last thing to fully develop before hatching. Most eggs that die in the week before hatching have similar looking snakes inside, had they gone full term and hatched would be standard looking hatchies

Swampie, I hate to ask but... What's a slug?

Shame they died the second one looks like it could have grown into something nice.
slugs a term used for non viable eggs mate ;)

No we went through that when I originally posted the pics, not going through all that again, I'd rather pull the pics down. They hatched out by themselves full term then died within a few days.

I don't go along with the whole colour/pattern is the last thing develop, I've had candled enough eggs over the years 2-3 weeks out from hatching and you can clearly see the neo's well developed pattern through the egg. Have also cut eggs open that have died a few weeks out and the neo inside has a well developed pattern.

Thanks swampie, did they pip and hatch on there own?

They have blue eyes yeah swampie?? Look special..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They kinda look like caramal spotteds, t+ albino maybe? hope ur pair can produce these again, would be very interesting to see the results. :)

Just Dragons - I don't have to see it to know it's legit, the breeder is a good friend of mine and he called me all excited as soon as it hatched. I will go and see it when I get the time and hopefully he will allow me to take a pic or two.

Swampie, you're right, does exist. I went down and had a look at that baby snake today. Took my (good) Canon 600 to do some pics, but with it being sorta translucent pink I couldn't get a true colour pic. Apparently a wildlife photographer has been booked for this weekend. Whether or not pics are going to be posted I really don't know.

Swampie, you're right, does exist. I went down and had a look at that baby snake today. Took my (good) Canon 600 to do some pics, but with it being sorta translucent pink I couldn't get a true colour pic. Apparently a wildlife photographer has been booked for this weekend. Whether or not pics are going to be posted I really don't know.

Any similarities to this one?

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/general-reptile-discussion-42/antaresia-stimsoni-mutation-127859/

Yeah Nev I went and had a look today also, was a nice looking critter and seemed strong and healthy.

Red-ink -you could call it similar to that one but more like the dead spotted python pictured in my hand earlier in the thread as it has has the blue eyes and bizarre coloured blotches that I can't even explain. The one in the mutation thread has normal coloured eyes and orange coloured blotches.

A little bit like that one although the one I saw has far less pattern and is a lighter pink. The only thing I can think of to describe the pink is a pic I saw recently of a pink diamond found at the Argyle mine in W.A. The eyes are a blue like Steve McQueen had.

Going to see if I can go back down there this weekend to watch the wildlife photographer at work. Might pick up some tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back