What is this?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snake12

Reaction score
Any help with what this snake is would be appreciated. Sorry pic isn't great. A friend found it on her front doorstep. Hopefully the link will work an a bigger image will come through

snake.jpg

It was in South Turramurra in Sydney

I thought maybe a young Eastern Brown?? It was pretty aggro

Its hard to tell with that pic but I have a feeling its a Marsh Snake

Im sure someone on here with better Elapid Id skills will figure it out.

Treat it as deadly either way

i think it is gone now. We were just wondering out of curiosity, but i understand that the photo is difficult to tell

With the quality of the photo I doubt you'll get a 100% correct ID on what species it is..

I would think it is probably too dark to be a young eastern brown but am not familiar with that area and the colour variations from there

Impossible to be 100% from that photo, as previously said most likely Eastern Brown or a Marsh Snake.

i doubt its an eastern brown they have banding in that area or at least the ones ive caught did. what about small eyed snake

Marsh snake or quite large golden crown snake but it is hard to tell from the picture. Didn't see the belly colour?

So its not ok to throw around suggestions?

It's not okay to say thats a king brown run for your lives, or it's a keelback when it is obviously not either.
They are asking for an ID not an uneducated guess.

It's not okay to say thats a king brown run for your lives, or it's a keelback when it is obviously not either.
They are asking for an ID not an uneducated guess.

But with that pic an accurate ID is near impossible, and most guesses are likely candidates imo, which would make them educated guesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back