What kind of snake is this please?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

melimio

Reaction score
Can someone please help me with what type of snake this is.
We live on the mid north coast of nsw Australia,
Thank you very much in advance.

IMG_2149.jpg

Last edited:
Why not consider keeping your cat in?? It reduces the risk of it getting hit by a car, contracting a disease, or getting in a fight, plus it's better for the native animals. :)

If you don't like the idea of having the cat inside the house, the Humane Society suggests "cat proofing" your fence, which you can do by stringing a bit of taut wire a few inches off the top of your fence. This is harmless to the cat, keeps it safe, and keeps the cat in the yard as they don't like climbing over the wire.

Some links for your perusal:

Fence Me In: The Humane Society

How to build cat proof fencing and enclosures

Keeping your cat happy indoors: The Humane Society

Last edited:
marsh snake, +1 to hodges....

yeah and keep your cat inside... we have enough wild life damage as it is.

The 4th one, and you continue to let your cat out.

I will not comment any more than that.

The fourth one in four weeks!!...thats sickening....keep the cat indoors...if you can't look after it properly then put it down!

Ive had cats my whole life and will continue to, its not hard to rear a cat inside or have an outdoor pen to limit access. To those who argue its cruel to cage a cat who has free run outside for most of if its life, utter crap. One of mine was 4-5 years old before we decided to pen him, and he's perfectly happy, they adjust. Also better for yourself and you don't have any worry about being hit by a car etc.

Pardon my ignorance but melimio asked for ID of a snake. Where has s/he mentioned anything about a cat? And where did the photo go?

The original post seems to have been adjusted. It mentioned that this was the fourth snake bought home by her cat in as many weeks. The pic has also been removed since posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back