Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hetty

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
My friend found this on the mid-north coast of NSW (Coffs Harbour).

Sorry, the picture isn't very clear.

Attachments

• snake.JPG
    snake.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 215
Looks like a Kreft's Dwarf Snake (i think that's what they're called).

i think it looks like a crown snake.Cant be sure though the pic is a bit dark on my computer

I can't find any pics of those Krefft's Dawrf Snakes on the net. I should look through my reptile books, want to see a better picture of one.

Yeah, I know. It was in a pool leaf catcher thing, they wanted to release it pretty fast so I couldn't ask them to stay around taking pics all day ;)

Yeah, I found that it was rare too :p That's why there are no pics anywhere.

Not so rare, just rarely seen, like Bandy Bandy's. Search for Cacophis krefftii, Krefft's Dwarf-crowned Snake i think it's called.

I think the pic (link) above is actually a Golden-crowned Snake, not a Krefft's.

I was just testing my skills and I narrowed it down to the following two possiblities - I haven't looked or read any posts but I say either a collared whip snake or a Kreft's Crowned Snake.

Now I will read back and see if anyone else said the same.

I haven't looked or read any posts but I say either a collared whip snake quote]

thats what i said:D

*great minds* :) However - the writer is from Sydney - and I'm not sure that the collared whip snake occurs that far down the country side... I think they're Qld and NT based. So I think I will go with the latter of Krefts Crowned Snake.

I only have a pic in a book of a Krefft's Crowned Snake... Sorry - no scanner :(

*great minds* :) However - the writer is from Sydney - and I'm not sure that the collared whip snake occurs that far down the country side... I think they're Qld and NT based. So I think I will go with the latter of Krefts Crowned Snake.

I only have a pic in a book of a Krefft's Crowned Snake... Sorry - no scanner :(

My friend in Coffs Harbour (mid north coast NSW) found him/her :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back