What limits the number of Reptiles you own?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What limits the number of Reptiles you own?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackrabbit

Reaction score
I was in Petbarn yesterday and looking at all the things they have for reptiles and pets in general and I wanted to buy lots of it and get more animals. It got me thinking what limits the number of reptiles/animals people have?

I am primarily limited by space living an a unit. I wanted to get some more budgies as they look so cute.

Last edited:
money. i save. upsize.. save upsize.. im always broke but i love my little girls and guys to much to have it any other way!

What limits me to how many Reptiles l keep, Money-Space and not being able to get hold of un-related pairs or known where they come from natually out in the wild.

Last edited:
My husband is probably my biggest limiter. My snakes are no longer spread out in my living area, they are now condensed up in my old walk in wardrobe. I am not too worried about that, least I still get to keep my animals. We only just had a discussion about them actually and if he don't like something he won't let me get it. He only just tolerates the snakes now, but when I had my heart set on getting a couple of lacies, he jacked up at the last minute and put the heavies on me to not get them. So he would be Number 1, Money Number 2, and Space number 3. But I always think ahead anyway, and work out whether or not I have the room, before I consider buying them.

1. Space
2. Money
3. GF
3. Experience (want to raise these 3 right before I get anymore)

1 and 2 won't me an issue in the near future.

My main interest for the future lies with the small monitors and the limiting factor there is being able to find the species I want for sale.

Money and time.

Once I accrue enough practical hours and graduate things should be much better!...though I'm thinking that every cent I earn will still be spent on herps.

Last edited:
Space, cause i only got my bedroom to work with. Doesn't leave much room for Morelia enclosures =p.

My mum is the main one, money is sorta an issue but I can always save up. Space is an issue too, I'm running out of space in my reptile room.

Definately money!
Mrs Davo would allow me to keep & breed as many as I like within reason, but money does not allow me to do so.
The same in return with her Geckos, she can have as many as we can afford.

Hopefully we have a good season soon & this will enable us a bit of money to expand our hobby.

Cheers

Although my mum is in the way, one reptile has become 4 and I'm getting another 2 so... I guess in a few years time I'll have quite a few, possibly even another snake but I dont think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back