What lizard is easy to breed and people will buy?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are wanting to breed animals to make money, they the best advice would be none. Its a pretty unethical thing to do, and it seems that way in your wording. Plus consider the cost of upkeep..the pairs of animals, enclosures, electricity, food ect, you rarely come out with much of a profit.

Anyone think he just wants to breed for the knowledge of doin it? And just doesnt want to keep all 50 hatchie lizards?

Mate id say beardys im not a lizard man but kids love beardys

Anyone think he just wants to breed for the knowledge of doin it? And just doesnt want to keep all 50 hatchie lizards?

Mate id say beardys im not a lizard man but kids love beardys

100% agree with you!

Dont just guess that she is in it just for the money, try asking! Thats what i hate about this site, seems like people dont want to help and just give people a hard time instead.

Last edited:
Beardies have been so over bred the last few years its just not funny few breeders producing 500+ each... goodluck making money with them anymore...

Why not write what is a good lizard for a first timer to breed that other people would like as freebies

sorry but i must agree with most people on here, dont breed for money my family and i have been in animal welfare since i was very little and due to too many breeders 1,000,000 puppies and kittens get put down every year...

but with that in mind im trying my hand at breeding thick tail geckos this year just to see how i go... i have been told these geckos are a good place to start... im kinda a fence sitter but thats my 2 cents

Perhaps it is wise to ask yourself how much you know about 'keeping' lizards before you think of breeding them for sales? And there is nothing wrong with trying to make a buck on the side! People breed cattle, sheep and chickens to earn a living so i cant see why it wud be wrong to earn some pocket change on the side of a hobby. BUT! Thats all your earnings would be, 'pocket change'. wish you luck kid!

If you're making a profit you're doing it wrong!

Haha, not entirely true but don't expect to be rolling in it. You have to buy so many enclosures, heat lamps, potentially also UV bulbs, a whole HEAP of food, spend hours and hours of your time, often a good hour or more three times a day, EVERYDAY, looking after hatchlings, cleaning cleaning cleaning forever cleaning and feeding. You do it for the love of producing gorgeous little pets for other people to enjoy, any money you might make is only worth investing right back into your animals and your knowledge of them.

has many people have said, when breeding animals, its not about the money, its about the love of them,,, and people have said the expense you have pay to look after them. Also it takes some time to learn the skills of a breeder, you do know how to look after the eggs and that take years to learn. If you really want to breed lizards, go with something small, like knob-tailed geckos, but you do have to learn how to breed them and how to look after the eggs.. if you need help just give me a message

all i can say is pretty much every one here who breeds them is init for the money. how do i know easy. lets say they have a snake advertised for 300 and they have about 6-10 of them, i offer 250 and they say NO. what the hell, they don't breed cause they love them and cause they wanna see other people who cant afford them have one. lol its a joke.

all i can say is pretty much every one here who breeds them is init for the money. how do i know easy. lets say they have a snake advertised for 300 and they have about 6-10 of them, i offer 250 and they say NO. what the hell, they don't breed cause they love them and cause they wanna see other people who cant afford them have one. lol its a joke.

I'd argue that it's because they've put an awful lot of time and effort into breeding quality animals, and don't want to undervalue them? Why would you sell something that you value and care about for less than what you think it's worth?

i would sell for less, wen i know the person can't afford it and will look after it really well. i don't care what its worth as long as it goes to a good home.

see what ****** me off is they worry more about money than the animals welfare. also i have albino's mine cost me 1,200 each the guy breed them and had 10 haties on him thats 12,000. you can't tell me he spent 12 grand on the parents and feeding them and raising the hatchies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back