Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some more pictures to peruse to help you decide on species, these are wilds.

Litoria verreauxii

Limnodynastes tasmaniensis

Litoria chloris

Litoria peronii

As far as I am aware all above species are commonly available in the pet trade.

well doesnt matter now, the skinny one ended up giving his life up late this arfternoon, very sad.

Down to 2 now and they are going strong and healthy.

yeh nothing i could od done to keep it alive but think its better where he is now then suffering any longer i suppose

I've got mags & top end greens, ( mags and whitelipps are only the hardest to look after if you don't know what your doing) red eyes are easier than greens so I don't know some of you are blabbing away about!.....?...
Live plants arnt good for frogs as they can contain diseases that frogs can catch, that's why nearly all people use fake. And frogs don't like being constaly wet.
I keep my tank at 33-40 degrees which is the temps that the frogs that I have get in the wild

I've got mags & top end greens, ( mags and whitelipps are only the hardest to look after if you don't know what your doing) red eyes are easier than greens so I don't know some of you are blabbing away about!.....?...
Live plants arnt good for frogs as they can contain diseases that frogs can catch, that's why nearly all people use fake. And frogs don't like being constaly wet.
I keep my tank at 33-40 degrees which is the temps that the frogs that I have get in the wild
Litoria chloris aren't easier than Greens, from what I've read, because they're fragile. Very, very fragile.

this may be a silly question but do they croak a lot? or is it up to the individual?

!

this may be a silly question but do they croak a lot? or is it up to the individual?

depends on what you call alot, my little man has been bursting into song about 4-5 times a day lately, just for a few minutes each time,..im amazed by how loud he is tho!! i get really excited when i hear him, his croak has really filled out this year!! :p

not sure on whats normal as hes my only one,..

ok thanks =] but i want to breed them...

its just that id have housemates that dont want loud animals. They will get over it!

Well are you thinking Green Tree frog? If you are planning to breed them there is likely to be a lot of croaking going on. Forget the housemates you might have issues with the neighbors.

Hahaha my spotted marshies sound like someone is playing a very angry game of marbles, right outside my bedroom door. Mind you the frogs could only be further away from my bedroom if they were outside. And they are small compared to other species.

Whilst I am already posting can anyone tell me the ideal ph for the enclosure water for frogs (spotteds in particular)?

Litoria chloris aren't easier than Greens, from what I've read, because they're fragile. Very, very fragile.

reading doent't help with anything, having the experience first hand tells u the truth, i used to have red eyes but got rid of them as i liked the bigger frogs better.....

If reading doesn't help with anything, then why are there books?
By your logic, books should not exist.
TAKE THAT SOCIETY!

Hey hey wait a minute... if you're giving him information, and he's seeing it, isn't it reading?
And doesn't that mean the information you're giving him doesn't help with anything?

What I am saying is that reading and taking in information from websites, books, web logs, forums, ect... does not always give u the right answer and experiencing it first hand when u have the animal in your care u are able to work out what is right and what is wrong, people just post stuff on websites just for the sake of it and are just bored and have nothing to do

I don't know why your making such a big deal out of it anyway, everybody has their own opinion and you should respect that not be trying to put people down by making them look stupid, u should just keep things to yourself if there not nice!
You are just making yourself look like a fool!....

Last edited:
everybody has their own opinion and you should respect that not be trying to put people down by making them look stupid, u should just keep things to yourself if there not nice!
You are just making yourself look like a fool!....
You tell me not to insult others, then insult me.
Wow.

Anyway back to the topic -- try getting some Limnodynastids, they're nice.

In my experience, Red Eyed Tree Frogs are more difficult than GTFs. I have owned both and find the RETFs particularly sensitive to disturbance and are much more difficult to feed. But I must say, they are much more bullet proof than I expected.

I also disagree with your idea of live plants arent good for frogs. I have a fully planted viv with live plants and my frogs love them. So much that they rarely climb on the glass anymore, rather choosing to navigate the broad fern leaves instead. It would be highly unlikely for a frog disease to be laying dormant in a plant but I wash all my plants first. On the vivarium forums, there are heaps of people keeping live plants with frogs.

I actually cant recommend live plants more. My frogs enjoy them, they increase the ability of the enclosure to hold heat, increase humidity and look great.

33-40 is way to hot and I wouldnt be surprised if your frogs have health issues down the track. Just because its 40 degrees in the region where these frogs are found, doesnt suggest that the microhabitat is this temperature. Frogs will find a cool place to survive these temps during the day and will come out at night to become active in the cooler temps.

Attachments

• williamterry.jpg
    williamterry.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Live plants just mean a lttle more work and monitoring. Fake plants don't grow and add character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back