Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gregcranston

Reaction score
I thought I'd just start a thread asking which new species added to the Victorian licenses do people want to now get (in an ideal world)? I think maybe just keep it to your top 2, or else we could have some long lists, lol. Here is a reminder of what they are:

As of the first of October 2009,

Southern Angle Headed Dragon : Basic Licence.

Arafura File Snake: Advanced
Boyds Rainforest Dragon: Advanced
Centralian Knob Tailed Gecko: Advanced
Downs Bearded Dragon: Advanced
Golden Tailed Gecko: Advanced
Prickly Knob Tailed Gecko: Advanced
Pygmy Python: Advanced
Rough Scaled Python: Advanced
Rough Throated Leaf Tail Gecko (salebrosus): Advanced
Saltuarius swaini: Advanced

Magnificent Tree Frog: Advanced

Black Striped Wallaby: Advanced
Feathertail Glider: Advanced
Long nosed Potoroo: Advanced
Plains Rat: Advanced
Quokka: Advanced
Southern Brown Bandicoot: Advanced
Spinifex Hopping Mouse: Advanced
Squirrel Glider: Advanced

Mine would have to be the Long-nosed Potoroo and also the Feathertail Glider. If I may add a cheeky third in, it would be the Boyds Rainforest Dragon. I look forward to hearing all other peoples responses. Non-Victorians can still play along, just put your top 2 from the above list also.

well im starting to think about enclosures for a couple of each below ..
Southern Angle Headed Dragon : Basic Licence.
Boyds Rainforest Dragon: Advanced

I will be getting myself some Rough Knobbies..... I have been wondering for ages when they will be legal in Vic. I'm so excited!

I would also love some feathertail gliders but wouldn't know where to start looking for some?

i would be taking dse to caught for reimbursement if that happened

i would love to be able to keep the quokka and feathertail glider. only sources i can think of is private wildlife parks or zoos.

I know pearcedale moonlit sanctuary keeps and breeds feathertail gliders. May give them a ring? See what the asking price is?!

I would love a file snake but just because DSE says i can have 1 now, doesnt mean my husband will;)

Im glad the magnificent tree frog has been added but on advanced! come onnnnnnn. Maybe if they droped the advance price.........

You can always place a wanted add on the Herp Trader.

I don't know about feather tailed gliders but squirrel gliders are about.
I'm not really after Squirrel Gliders, I already have Sugar Gliders, which correct me if i'm wrong, are just a smaller version. Feathertails on the other hand would be awesome and are smaller than an adult mouse!

I dont understand why the DSE would add a species (feathertail gliders) that arent readily kept or available in captivity ? Over alot of other species that clearly are??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back