• Check out the new Feedback and suggestions forum. This adds the ability to add ideas for the site and upvote/downvote them. It would be great to hear from you all in how we can boost site activity and who would like to assist with some exciting ideas from Rob and I.

what paint to use for a diy waterfall and basking platform ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkydever

hi i hav a 6x2x2 ft tank which i have 2 turtles and a few fish in. i plan on putting an eastern water dragon in aswell so its only bout a 1/3 full of water and i hav a few branches and bits of driftwood coming out of the water. i wanted a waterfall and decided rocks would b to space consuming and heavy so made one with styrophone ..sorry i think i spelt that wrong..and expandafoam. i tryed it in the bath and it works a treat.i just need to know wat paints will b safe in the water. i tried googling it but only came across american sites telling me to go to walmart..ect. no good when u live in melbourne..lol.i plan on also making a basking platform in a similar way so i can make it to how i wnt it..can anyone please tell me how wat the best way to seal them and what paints will be safe? cheers

pinefamily

Very Well-Known Member
I would recommend coating the polystyrene with a couple of coats of coloured render from Bunnings, then seal it with pond sealer, couple of coats again.

Status
Not open for further replies.