What should i house in here?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hornet

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
I am after idea's on what to put in here. I would love to put chameleon gecko's in here eventually but thats a long long way off yet so want something to go in it in the meantime. It looks a little bare at the moment, still have alot of plants to add an a nice layer of leaf litter but want suggestions as to what to house in it when time comes to fill it.

Attachments

• DSCF1370.jpg
    DSCF1370.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 119
  • DSCF1372.jpg
    DSCF1372.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 101
  • DSCF1369.jpg
    DSCF1369.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 145
  • DSCF1371.jpg
    DSCF1371.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 103
I would also suggest Boyds, I have a few hatching out this season. They are great!

Its only a 3ft tank, 91Lx45Hx38Dcm and approx 150l capacity. I have thought of boyds or angle headed dragons but i really dont think its big enough, i would much prefer a taller enclosure for them. Ring tailed gex are up there on the short list, if i do get something arboreal like that i will add in some fake saplings for climbing. Its a rainforest style viv so not overly suited to desert dragons lol. I would really love a small skink of some sort but the species i'd love are very hard to come by

water skinks are another i've been considering. God there are so many options. Mayb i should get to work on another tank or 2 lol

Yeh sorry its too small for Boyds, but if you made it taller you could house some hatchlings in there for a few months until you constructed a large terrarium for them.

Do you know of anyone breeding chameleon geckos? I don't think I've seen them available.

i know of 1 guy breeding them but yes, very hard to get hold of. What size viv would suit a pair of boyds?

thats awsome did u make that background yourself???

maby some blue toungs a pair would live in there for a fair while untill u get something else fr them

Blueys and water dragons would trash it to quick...

maybe some small dragons, but the humidity with heat may get a bit high for most...

Geckos are the way to go..

thats awsome did u make that background yourself???

maby some blue toungs a pair would live in there for a fair while untill u get something else fr them

Yea mate started off with a bare glass tank. As najanaja said large lizards would trash it, there are a few very delicate plants in there and more to come so needs to be something small like a small skink or gecko. Leafies are nice and would love to get some, i think they would go great in it. So many options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back