What small frogs are available to the general keeper?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hornet

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
I'm very keen on adding frogs to my collection, would love a colony of a small species so just wondering whats available to the average keeper? I would love some kind of froglet or toadlet if they are available. Failing that what small tree frogs are in the hobby, i quite like the little sedge treefrogs. Any info on whats available and sources for such species is much appreciated

I have 10 Southern Brown Tree Frogs (Litoria Ewingii) and I love them!
They are an active little frog and easy to keep...

I've kept this species for many years and love them.

Red Eyes
Peroni
Dainty
Brown Tree

I keep red eyes and dainty looking for more of the above!
If you know any one tell us!

Have had sedgies before and they are a cool little frog. Not much room needed and they are very easy to care for . I do know someone who keeps and breeds them so if you do end up wanting some send me a message and I can put you in touch.

Crinia signifera, a froglet... I had 3 but they are soo tiny they escaped. Feeding was a chore at times because you had to get tiny insects. Im not sure how common they are in captive though, the breeder was local but has stopped breeding now so I cant get anymore.

very nice, how olds that little guy? I've found a few Crinia's, great little frog, exactly what i'm looking for :)

I think that guy was 6 months in the picture, would love to keep some more one day.

Crinia signifera, a froglet... I had 3 but they are soo tiny they escaped. Feeding was a chore at times because you had to get tiny insects. Im not sure how common they are in captive though, the breeder was local but has stopped breeding now so I cant get anymore.

Thats crazy, so that was 6 months old, do they grow any bigger?

Imagine their tadpoles and and baby frogs!!!!!*

Crinia signifera, Litoria fallax are held in reasonable numbers, there are also Pseudophyrne australis and P. semimarmorata in private hands too.

Cheers,
Scott

I'm not into frogs ,dont get me wrong I like them,but maybe to the fact that as soon as it gets warm I have frogs everywhere including places that I wish they didnt go like my loo and shower :)...anyway I think this is a little 'full grown' sedge frog very tiny ...(taken at the snakes down under in Childers)

DSCF4124.jpg

Thats crazy, so that was 6 months old, do they grow any bigger?

Imagine their tadpoles and and baby frogs!!!!!*

I actually got these guys during the last of the tadpole stage... they can grow to 2cm to 3 cm when fully grown

Here's a group shot. At first I thought I had another type of frog because one was more yellow then the rest but apparently they come in a few different colours.

im trying to track down some leaf green tree frogs - putting them and dainty's in a setup near the end of the year.
in Vic we dont need a licence for Crinia signifera, trying to get some of these too

I just got some Red Eyed Tree Frogs off another member. They are perfect size, probably around the size of a matchbox and have so far proved to be a hardy species. I would also consider getting some Southern Brown Tree Frogs, as they dont require any heat source.

59957_502089482570_765002570_7157913_407387_n.jpg

Red Eyes

I just got some Red Eyed Tree Frogs off another member. They are perfect size, probably around the size of a matchbox and have so far proved to be a hardy species. I would also consider getting some Southern Brown Tree Frogs, as they dont require any heat source.

59957_502089482570_765002570_7157913_407387_n.jpg

Hi I read in your post that you have red eye tree frogs and purchased them from another member. I have been after them for quite some time and wondering if you would be kind enough to point me in the direction of the seller so I can try to purchase 4. I already have GTF's and 2 baby Mag's but wanted to complete my collection with some Red Eyes. Be happy to go through yourself or direct to your seller. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back