What snake do you think has the most personality

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By 'personality' what are you looking for?

Something that replicates what they're like in the wild, or something that is entertaining, etc?

I think that will help people to better suggest what might better suit your preferences.
Well i am looking for something with a nice personality that is fun to watch them do stuff and they are calm and like to be handled

Well i am looking for something with a nice personality that is fun to watch them do stuff and they are calm and like to be handled
I, too, am interesting in people’s opinions on this. Particularly the calm and like to be handled part.

I, too, am interesting in people’s opinions on this. Particularly the calm and like to be handled part.
Well i think im getting interested in the colubrids especially the CTS i like how you can have small enclosures

Well i think im getting interested in the colubrids especially the CTS i like how you can have small enclosures

Common Tree Snakes are brilliant snakes, but they're probably the most active of all Australia's non venomous snakes and need a significantly larger enclosure than an Antaresia does. They're also not an easy snake to keep happy and healthy; they need a more complex setup and their feeding isn't anywhere near as easy as a pythons. Unfortunately Australia doesn't have any colubrids well suited to captivity, at least for beginners.

Common Tree Snakes are brilliant snakes, but they're probably the most active of all Australia's non venomous snakes and need a significantly larger enclosure than an Antaresia does. They're also not an easy snake to keep happy and healthy; they need a more complex setup and their feeding isn't anywhere near as easy as a pythons. Unfortunately Australia doesn't have any colubrids well suited to captivity, at least for beginners.
Well thank you Sdaji i was getting information from another post saying that they need a smaller enclosure so they can feel more secure

Well thank you Sdaji i was getting information from another post saying that they need a smaller enclosure so they can feel more secure

That's true of many snakes, but not so much for these critters. Especially for hatchling pythons you'll usually do better keeping them in something tiny as long as you can give them the right temperatures.

I fed my BHP today, however instead of instantly taking it, he tried to eat the glass wall of his enclosure instead. Well, he failed.

ive got a photo of a mates BHP trying to eat its own tail and disreagarding the rat entirely
Me when I watch my BHP...
YawningUnequaledIndianabat-small.gif

Different Snakes have different personalities just like people, Anterasia's are a laid back animal, young ones WILL bite, it is only when they get bigger that they settle down and they won't bite again. I also have a Woma, she bit like a bitch until I found out that they have a huge feeding response problem, after I understood that, she is now a lovely animal and i a lovely natured Snek.

Latest posts

Back