What Snake Is This?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it sounded like a white lipped snake. The guy who rang it into 3AW yesterday said it had white lines around the jaw. The photo doesn't help me too much though. And I haven't ever seen a white lipped snake in the flesh before.

Sorry guys that is a white lip

Why ...... It's not an eastern brown as it is too robust for the length and there is no sign of markings on the nape or head. The head shape is also wrong (that I admit is hard to quantify).

Its not a copperhead due to colouration. Lowland copperheads have at least a colour shade split along the lower third and the head while in line with the body is not rounded but more chisel shaped. Body shape is wrong for a copperhead as well.

Cheers
scott

Last edited:
Def a white lipped snake, they are relatively common down this way if you go looking. These guys are usually first to come out of brumation along with Copperheads. That is a fairly normal colour for this area, but I have also seen olive green, mustard yellow, brick red, grey and chocolate brown individuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back