What snake is this?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutchy88

Reaction score
So I bloke I work with ask if I wanted to buy his snake of him knowing that I have a couple. I only have lizards so not real familiar with snakes but I haven't seen them before no names no court marshalls just wondering if it legal
7423F84B-B471-4B0F-87D0-7010386D2863-13357-000014504EDB8C7F_zps7149bc38.jpg

Ive never seen that in Australia, and i have almost no clue about exotics, but if i was to have a guess id say it was a ratsnake of some sort

well so far i dont look like a total idiot... my guesses seem to be similar to everyone elses

So its illegal damn it I really like it does anyone know the requirements as far as heat and things go I figure if its illegal I might aswell try and give him the requirements to look after it well then been because I'm assuming he won't have much of an idea and know its not a trick to get requirements for myself I love my reptiles to much to risk having my license confiscated

I would say its a Corn as well. Probably the most common snake kept here.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

Oddly enough, i just had a Specalist Exotic Veterinarian lecture me on corn snake husbandry requirements.... not sure why she chose corn snakes, and not lecture on a single australian species, but hey..
Corn snakes require temps from 26-30 deg. They require something to burrow in, so some nice thick substrate is good. She didnt mention humidity, but i can assume it is low. Thats about all i picked up from the lecture as i was sitting there not listening because i was angry we were being lectured on chameleons and tortoises and not animals most of us are likely to actually treat when we graduate..

Ok tar ill investigate some more try to see if it has the proper care as much as its not fair that the ones that are honest can't have cool exotics I accept people do have illegals so I might aswell make sure they give it proper care.

Ok tar ill investigate some more try to see if it has the proper care as much as its not fair that the ones that are honest can't have cool exotics I accept people do have illegals so I might aswell make sure they give it proper care.

Just be aware that at any point in the future that animal may be euthanised and the owner will have a hefty fine..

Sad for the animal though, its not its fault that someone illegally owns it.
I too am going with Corn on this one.
It is a shame, and if it was up to me id fine the owner and have the animal undergo rigorous testing at the owners expense to determine if it carries any disease, then if given the all clear and the owner still wants to keep it the animal should be desexed (again at the owners expense).

It's really giving me the irits the amount of exotics we hear about in Australia.

Due to irresponsible people and those looking for an ego trip and big noting themselves the poor animal always ends up the scapegoat.

Not sure what the penalties are but possibly not enough to deter those would-be offenders.

I've heard of breeders in NSW who breed and sell them illegally..it's a damn shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back