Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
im sorry to be the one pointing this out but...havent u guys learned some kind of lesson with all this reptile theft/non payment on reciept of reptiles? your all posting exactly what reptiles you have in your homes and anyone could see it. Just think...next time you post that you have snakes/lizards/enclosures or rept food for sale anyone could contact you and find out your details...next day your reptiles are gone! I may sound paranoid but i think you guys need to really think.

Sorry to bring it up again but remember georgina and the aps bash?? could very well have been someone from this community, i wouldnt have believed it before but im not so sure now. :?

You do bring up a good point b r but I for one am not gonna let these a**hol**'s spoil my enjoyment of the hobby or make me so security conscious I feel like I am living in a bank vault or in some kind of fools paradise, so I will continue to take the chance you speak of. I get great enjoyment from the communication in this community and will continue to talk openly to it's members. One day I may be proved wrong but I sincerely doubt that this would change my outlook.

i understand what your saying african...i agree with you that they shouldnt be allowed to spoil it all, Its your choice/right to post what you like, i was just hoping to open some peoples eyes so they can be a little more careful, thats all. I really hope it doesnt happen to anyone, i really like this community also and have alot of respect for most people on here. I dont like to see people burned by nasty people like shauna and kv who led us to believe they are trustworthy. Makes me so angry :x :x :x

:? Yeah i have to agree with bangle this thread looks like a shopping list to a herp thief,i think that there has been that many thefts recently that every one would be very wary,i dont think you r being paranoid just sensible.I am finding many dishonest people in this reptile game & ive been stung not by theft but in other ways & this has made me be wary of people,but the biggest fact was the low act committed whilst the slatey family were at aps party it showed me that it could happen to anyone. :?

yes i am aware of the fact that people can see what we have but to steal our would mean taking the encloser and all which is 1m by 2m and is danm heavy and in a locked room

:? Hey sarah do you keep all your snakes in one enclosure?Thieves in my area can pick locks they also took ozdaz motorbike which was in a locked garage behind a car with wheel locks on it if i rember correctly i think thieves dont stop if they wont it bad enough. :?

You are bang on there popp. If thieves want it badly enough they will get it! I have installed an alarm system but am under no illusion that it would stop a professional thief it is just a deterrent really though a bloody loud one LOL.

I agree about the shopping list - that's just what ocurred to me. It's pretty easy to find out where people live based on the kind of stuff that gets posted on our forums and in fact over time you could easily build up quite a lot of info if you are so inclined. But what can you do -you can either not take part in these forums and just sit on the sidelines or as you say Phil - enjoy your hobby and do what you can to safeguard your home. I guess if you have something out of the ordinary, you may get targetted. The theft has to be worth the thiefs while. I trust most of the people I've spoken to on our forums and that included the current 'baddies' everyone seems reasonably normal, but there are some ar**holes out there and they are reading this I'm sure. 8)

I agree with Africa in that I value the chance to talk openly to other herpers. It is through this board that I've have the chance to talk to ANY other herpers about their animals. Even though I know alot of herpers, and have been a member of a local herp group for some years, next to no-one will talk to me (or anyone else) about their animals. Although I understand and respect this, I still find it very frustrating. I've been in the hobby for years, and yet I still know next to nothing about other people's collections because they won't talk about them. It's sad that people feel the need to be so closed up about it. :(

yes i know if they want it they will get it one way or an other im just saying that iv tried to make it a bit harder for any thieth around

Ok, with security in mind, my new list reads like this:

1.1 Olive pythons
1.1 Ball Pythons
0.1 Loud beagle
1.0 Extremely Protective German Sheperd
1.0 Black cat (not declawed)
1 Colt Python (.357 Mag)
1 Taurus (9mm)
0.1 She-beast disguised as wife

Okay, here is my itty bitty list...

1 x captive Childreni
1 x free Childreni