What sort of snake is this?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Squish

Not so new Member
Reaction score
My cat found a snake and started eating it. I'm in Sydney. I think it looks brown-snake-y, but wouldn't mind a second opinion.DSC00680.jpgDSC00681.jpgDSC00682.jpg

Oh, what a shame Squish! :( And yes, I'm with Harley on this one - BTS...

Best,
Carolyn

:)
My mistake, lol no harm in trying :)

Last edited by a moderator:
long story short its nothing to worry about unless your cat continues to attack snakes

Its a yellow face whip snake...

and it doesnt care about mice around your home,,

more eats small frogs if he is lucky but mainly garden skinks

another irresponsable cat owner. keep your cat indoors so it cant kill the wildlife or be killed itself

another irresponsable cat owner. keep your cat indoors so it cant kill the wildlife or be killed itself

Bloody right, no offence to cat owners i like cats but if they are outside to roam they should be as good as dead, cause anything small around will be gone if the cat finds it.
Frustrates me seeing neighbours cats in my yard. To bad my Kelpie doesn't care

i have nothing against cat owners. those that know me know that i use to own and breed persian cats. my cats were never left to roam out doors. when they were out doors they were in a cat run or in the out door cattery. if you cant be a responsible cat owner, dont own a cat. its not just the wildlife that your cat will kill. theres wildlife that can kill your cat or cars when your cat wonders onto a road

The very first venomous snake I ever handled was a Yellow Faced Whipsnake. I will never forget that moment.... They are just absolutely gorgeous.

And Yeah, it's a good Idea to keep the cat indoors, especially at night time. I like Cat's and they have their place but it is important that we don't allow them the freedom to go out killing our precious native wildlife.

To cat owners keep your cat inside or else,
I have personally experienced the worst that can happen first hand. While spending a day with tony Harrison the good coast snake catcher we were called to a very disturbing situation. Upon arrival a lady came running out distressed and screaming saying "quick help its got him its got him hurry please!". When we rushed out the back of her house a large carpet python had a moggy half way down its mouth. There was nothing we could do. It was gone by the time we got there. If you dont care if you let your cat out then u think of what you would do if you saw your cat being eaten by a carpet. There is nothing you can do if it has it long enough.
So do u want to let your cat out by itself, do you?
Then we had to deal with a 7ft carpet giving the cat back a few hours later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back