What species of skink is this?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vengeance

Not so new Member
Reaction score
We were cleaning our yard up yesterday and I noticed heaps of small skinks skittering about. I was able to get pretty close to some of the skinks, even pick some up to move them out of harms way. I lost count of how many there were, but I managed to photograph at least five in some photos. Those photos were quite blurry, so I chose to post the clearer images. The skinks were probably no longer than 10cm, and probably a little longer than 5cm (head to tail). It was fascinating to watch so many basking in the afternoon sunlight.

These look different to the skinks I used to see up in North Queensland, hence the species ID question.

Pictures are bigish, 600kb-900kb.
skink.jpgskink2.jpg

We have heaps of them, we call them house lizards/skinks they eat little bugs and ants

They're Lampropholis, either delicata or amicula (I can't tell from pics), you may also get L. guichenoti but it's not either of this two individuals.

Thank you GeckPhotographer! Looking at google pictures of those two species they look more like the amicula, though some delicata pictures also look the same as these guys. I've seen a few of the L. guichenoti in the front garden of our yard. Either way, it's nice to know which species of skinks we have here, even if they're garden skinks. I appreciate the input!

There are heaps of them around here as well izzys1, the ones in the photos seem more abundant in our back yard where the foliage isn't as damp, while the L. guichenoti GeckPhotographer mentioned seem to be more prevalent on the front garden where there is heavy foliage and the ground always seems to be damp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back