What temps do Asian House Geckos prefer??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
im pretty sure most hatchies snakes start there lives eating little lizards.
especially the childrens group.

I seriously cannot get over the amount of complaining over the fact that someone who is interested in reptiles wants to catch some geckos that are classified as a pest and keep them for a couple of days to study their behavior. As far as I'm aware there's nothing illegal there so I don't see what the big problem is. She wants to study them and gain experience and some knowledge of their behavior and is going to release them back into the wild, This is a better outcome compared to some of the inhumane comments and suggestions made by other users.

After all this is a reptile based forum and the majority / all of the users like all kinds of reptiles and should be encouraging her for looking outside the box at a young age wanting to learn as much as she can. It's good that some of the younger users want to gain experience and study these animals. The last thing they need is a bunch of people gaining up on them with negative comments.

its not illegal to keep them, we are just saying garden skinks make better pets, she can keep as many as she wants, they arnt exciting.... they just sit there.... and smell... who would keep them....

its not illegal to keep them, we are just saying garden skinks make better pets, she can keep as many as she wants, they arnt exciting.... they just sit there.... and smell... who would keep them....

Someone who is new to the reptile hobby and wants to learn more about all different kinds of reptiles and starting at the bottom with an animal that is easily located around their house.

Also, someone might find one species of animal boring while another finds the same species fascinating so you can't just push your opinions on someone else and expect them to follow what suits you.

A reptile mad 11 year old!

Be nice or when she grows up she'll put a mulga in ur toilet and when you go for your morning refreshment you'll get tagged on the goolies!

That goes for the rest of you haters too! Isn't that right Rainbow?!

Hey what is your secret when keeping garden skinks? When i catch them they don't eat?!

Have fun with the geckos,its better than smoking and doing drugs and you learn about our environment what more could you want.

I seriously cannot get over the amount of complaining over the fact that someone who is interested in reptiles wants to catch some geckos that are classified as a pest and keep them for a couple of days to study their behavior. As far as I'm aware there's nothing illegal there so I don't see what the big problem is. She wants to study them and gain experience and some knowledge of their behavior and is going to release them back into the wild, This is a better outcome compared to some of the inhumane comments and suggestions made by other users.

I'll try and make it easier to understand ;)

"...wants to catch some geckos that are classified as a pest and keep them for a couple of days to study their behavior. As far as I'm aware there's nothing illegal there so I don't see what the big problem is. She wants to study them and gain experience and some knowledge of their behavior and is going to release them back into the wild"

You can catch them and learn about their behaviour and then euthanase them - that way you learn about their behavior AND help Australia!

"...wants to catch some geckos that are classified as a pest and keep them for a couple of days to study their behavior. As far as I'm aware there's nothing illegal there so I don't see what the big problem is. She wants to study them and gain experience and some knowledge of their behavior and is going to release them back into the wild"

You can catch them and learn about their behaviour and then euthanase them - that way you learn about their behavior AND help Australia!

Remember what i said... mulga... toilet... goolies...

Yes, Understandable. . However the method to euthanize the animals suggested was inhumane.

lol red eye its pretty easy imo they are a 'semi-ambush predator' (plz dont make fun lol its the only way i could say what i mean)
i put dirt as a substraste. and put bark/wood chips (only a few) on top of the substrate.
essentially the skinks dig under the bark and wait (hense the ambush part of my theory)
i have also dropped little spiders in the little enclosure and they have chased them down and smash them about (smacking them on the dirt)..(hense the ''semi' part of my theory)
spray them EVERY morning as it replicates the dew on the ground of a morning. they lick up the droplets.
to also prove my 'semi-ambush predator' theory i have occasionly found them in that 's' shape i mentioned before, as i removed the bark that they hide under.
always feed live food as they hunt by movement

hope you can understand my jibberish

here is a house gecko

attachment.php

Last edited:
LOL...i bet this flaming wouldnt be happening if it was a nice chameleon that had been introduced ;-)

Also isnt it better to have a pest like this, that can become part of the food chain.....rather than a cane toad!
Id give up trying to eradicate it, youve got no hope.....more chance of wiping out the marinus!

i almost wish we had em in vic so i could use em to get my hatcho black head feeding when i get him home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back