What the Friday?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica29

Not so new Member
Reaction score
95879142-37aa-27f2.jpg

Lol, they gave a burmese to a snake enthsiast? Doest that mean that since the police are giving exotics to keepers, Queenslanders can now keep exotics?

Last edited:
hhmmmm and police are supposed to be enforcing the law arnt they

wow ok.
wild or did it escape from someones collection, is it burmese

wow ok.
wild or did it escape from someones collection, is it burmese
seeing as burmese arnt native i would say the chance of it being wild are nil , its escaped either from collection or even from the person who smuggled it , might even had been released but wild no

I would love to know if the person they gave it to were allowed to keep it or the police realised that they made a mistake and took it back. I guess your average cop wouldn’t know that it wasn’t a Burmese and therefore illegal, so they probably thought they were doing the right thing by giving it to someone to look after.

dumb cops.
It is the lady's fault for calling the police to her house instead of a reptile wrangler/removalist.

dumb cops.

Not so sure about that. From the little info provided, it appears that they responded to a call and acted appropriately.

It isn't their job to enforce wildlife laws. However, I'd be very surprised if this "snake enthusiast" wasn't someone in a position to take the appropriate action.

i think its interesting how dim peoples views are on police.. how would a cop know or even anyone who isnt a snake keeper know that that was an exotic.. the snake enthusiest was probably going yea, yeah ill take it :D

agree justdragons. cops did what they are supposed to- a community service.

im not aware of cops doing reptile identification courses during their time at the acadamy. hell, even plenty of keepers with an interest in reptiles wouldn't pick it as a burm (evident on the qps website where this came from).

Cops have no idea what they are doing

Well it appears that they have safely located and captured an exotic animal, then released it into the custody of a snake enthusiast.

Having "no idea", IMO, would be to take a shovel to it, and yes, I'm fully aware that in some people's minds that would be the appropriate course of action.

Then never ever call them when you need them.

- ybn

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, cops perform a necessary service to society and deal with people at their worst. The least we can do is be respectful... and this is coming from someone who has to start doing the driver offender course soon for low range DUI. People tend to hate cops, I think because they give out fines etc. as far as I’m concerned if I get in trouble with the cops it’s because I’ve mucked up, I’m always happy to admit when I do so and don’t hold a grudge against the person who points it out to me.
Like anyone there are a few bad eggs though but it shouldn’t mean we group them as a whole.

I doubt even half the forum would of been able to identify the species from that photo..people on the internet have no idea what they are doing.

Out of curiousity, why is no one questioning whether or not it is even a true story...? All we have is a image of 2 cops handling a burmese python, there is no way of knowing if the story next to the photo is actually true or when the photo was taken. Can we even make out the badges on the police uniform? They look like they could be queensland police but I can't make out the badges clearly.

Was posted by police on their qps Facebook site. Found in warwick.

I doubt even half the forum would of been able to identify the species from that photo..people on the internet have no idea what they are doing.
what are you talking about that is defiantly a burm? Burmese pythons are very easy to identify, the head is a dead give away in the photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back